• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey Cowman, CBM screwup?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey Cowman, CBM screwup?

That should get your attention. When I signed for a couple wells the most important thing was I wanted everything cleaned before entering. I was away at work when the wells went in but assumed they would follow the agreement. A week ago I caught a contractor on site with a wireline truck, he said there were no special conditions and no he hadnt washed anything cause no one told him to. I said do what work you can but the only place you can move your trucks is directly off my land to the car wash.
    My concern is what might they have brought? Did they ever wash anything?
    The landman when he phoned said they only had to wash equipment that was from out of the area (5 miles). I said NO, I told them to wash when entering my land, when going to my next quarter and when leaving (keep my neighbor from bitching at me later).
    I cant take time off work to babysit but I feel they have lost credibility to police themselves.
    What if chamomile of clubroot shows up next year? or the year after? Did they bring it?
    Clubroot in canola is my worst nightmare, if they brought it in what can be done? It would mean no canola for 10-15 years? Are they responsible for the lost revenue/property value for me and my neighbors?
    This isnt me bitching/setting conditions after the fact. I was very upfront with the landman, didnt argue $$$, let them underpay for crop damages. I said I had grown cert seed in the past and might again, I clean my equipment off when switching fields and completely clean any new equipment to avoid this potential problem.
    Should they pay for CCA to monitor these fields? For how long? Who babysits to ensure stuff is clean?
    They are in a rush to sign for the pipeline but I have no urge to sign anything untill this is resolved completely.

Thanks

The wireline truck was from St. Albert/Edmonton area. Way outside the 5 mile limit they wanted.

Comment

If they agreed to your request in writing, you have the power.

We now have some interesting new weeds thanks to the construction crews and I wish I had that kind of agreement in place.

Comment

I always insist on a clause which directs that every piece of machinery entering the property, I don't care where it's from MUST be steamed prior to entry.

When there was a scare about hoof and mouth disease several years ago I insisted that all equipment be disenfected at the gate prior to entering, and the oil company and all contractors complied, they grumbled lots but they complied.

You should send a registered letter to the company named on the contract advising them of the breech of the agreement and letting them know that you are holding them fully responsible for any weeds etc. I would also let them know that any further breeches of the contract will require that they have someone come out to meet you to discuss compensation for their failure to live up to the terms.

They need to know you mean business right from the get go!!

Comment

The first thing I might ask you is did you negotiate this on your own, or through a competent lawyer? If you used a competent lawyer you might be protected...on your own...I doubt it.
          I would suggest to you that before you proceed to a pipeline you should consider involving a lawyer? It doesn't cost you anything. One simple suggestion would be Gary Boris, Red Deer? He is very competent and has done me a world of good? Any CBM company in our area(Encana, Quicksilver, Apache) has no problem dealing with him and agreeing to "legitimate legal costs".
          I suspect you might be over-reacting? Come on, how realistic is clubfoot? Still if it is a big concern for you then you need some legal advice?...Give him a call.

Comment

coppertop I'm shocked...you have wells on your land??

No wonder you did'nt take up my offer of swapping good Saskatchewan land even up!!

I guess you have been realizing some good benifits from your location in Alberta!!

Comment

I think this whole CBM thing is going to turn out to be a very bad experience . at Fortassinibone they are having trouble with thier CBM wells caveing in down hole and rumor has it there have been water wells going dry,and evedence of potable water mixing with saline, there was a 300 man camp just up and pulled out of the area that was supose to be more or less permanent .If this is anything like wyoming god help us all. But mabey cowman has it right get all you can while the getting is good and then you can always leave if the polution gets to bad.
              I sure do wish this Govmt would have taken a slower aproach to CBM and oil sands development instead of the idea its been there a mill yrs so it is time to get rid of it.

Comment

I sure hope I am overeacting about this but if I am not I want to be covered. I had an agent deal with NAL (yup it was free) but just want to be sure I have all my bases covered. The truck came from an area with clubroot so who knows? Really burns me that the one real condition was ignored, I also found out the truck was chased away from a neighbor that morning because it wasnt clean so they came to my place.
                Thanks for the name, I will phone Gary Boris in the morning.

Comment

Horse: Where did I ever say I intend to get out when the pollution gets bad? Sorry...I intend to die right here in good old Central Alberta!
                  You might be totally right about a disaster somewhere down the road, but I don't think so!
                  I wonder how a coalbed well is any different than the thousands of shallow gas wells that have been drilled over the years?
                  There are new standards in place that requires these CBM wells to be cased below the aquifiers? I am a member of a surface rights group and some of the rhetoric I hear at those meetings is outrageous! No science, no documentation, no facts...just get up and roar out whatever crazy dream you had for the day! Lighting pop bottles on fire to show how the gas is leaking into the water...when you could light the damn well on fire 80 years ago!
                  I think a person needs to do their research, instead of listening to rumors or wild stories from every crazy in the country, and then decide if it is reasonable or a disaster in the making?
                  Maybe listen to the other side? Like the EUB...your own government agency...there to protect you?

Comment

Ron: I suspect if you phone the area supervisor for the company you might get some action? Tell him you won't discuss a pipeline until you get this problem cleaned up? You might be very amazed at how helpful he might be!

Comment

No science no documation sopunds just like the companys that are drilling all they can say is O no it wont be like Wyoming This stuff is mostly trial and error as for the EUB that is a bunch of bought and paid yes men ,as for the govmt all they want is the support of the corporate buiz to keep thier own jobs . So just tell me who is in charge.
                      As for casing I will have to check that out as I remember surface casing is 600ft there is lots of water wells that deep and deeper here, what happens when you draw down the water from below is the water from above migrates down.
                      It seems a poor gamble to risk the water for a few dollars that most albertans dont even get to see and we dont need the gas at the present time. I never said you said you would move but what is stoping you if you choose.

Comment

Horse: Wyoming and New Mexico have nothing in common with the coalbed situation in Alberta. That little nightmare occured a long time ago, with wet gas, and a completely different set of rules. It is a common knee jerk reaction by the anti-coalbed lobby!
                        You have to go with the best science available and not every crack pot environmental idea out there? I doubt man would have ever got out of the caves if some brave soul didn't take a risk?
                        Developing the coalbed is a done deal? You can either go with the flow and hopefully participate, or continue to butt your head against the wall? You can benifit from it or not, but if it does go bad you are still going to pay the price, just like everyone else?
                        The best a person can do in this old world is adjust to the situation at hand? You can't control the world...only how you react to change. Just my opinion.

Comment

I am not sure but is not all CBM locked up in water bering coal seams I am pretty sure it is in the FortAssinaboine area and they pump off the water before they can get the gas and from what I hear some of these wells will be pumped for over a yr before they start producing gas.
                          I do know if one has good water wells they are found in the coal seams.

Comment

Just found some interesting reading on the Alta Gov site on energy and natural resources on CBM or as they refer to it as NGC. It seems that most CBM in the red deer area is dry but not all and areas like Fort Assinibone is wet and need to be pumped to get any gas anyway it may be enlightning reading for anyone concerned. Of course the gov says they are on top of it and are monotering and all the usual crap the spew when asked questions that they dont have an answer for or just dont want to give one. Just My Opinion

Comment

Quick update, NAL said yes their contractor didnt clean his equipment as per our agreement. they accept responsibility for anything that shows up for at least 5 years. they pay a third party to monitor for weeds and disease and will agree to any agronomically sound recommendations he makes.
                              Probably in 5 years I will wonder why I bothered but if anything shows up I am covered. I feel NAL is treating me fairly about this and since if they werent I would sure bitch I better give them some credit when it is due.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...