• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel saving pills

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel saving pills

Anyone using these fuel saving pills I hear about? I'm told that if you drop one in your tank every time you fill it with gas you get about 5 miles per gallon better fuel consumption. Cost about $3 a pill. Apparently it's old WW2 technology based on breaking down the molecules in the fuel. Needless to say the oil companies aren't promoting the practice.

I am guessing you would be just as far ahead sticking that pill somewhere else. ')

Comment

I didn't see the results promised. It is set up as a marketing pyramid style.

Comment

grassfarmer: I doubt it anything more than a scam? They had this BS around in the seventies when the oil crisis was on?
        Now if you are running a deisel you might want to consider getting it "chipped"? We have a 2001 Dodge that the boy got chipped and it made it a New Truck! More power and better milage! But I believe you void your warranty by doing it? But 2001...no warranty.

Comment

cowman: re-chipping is NOT recommended by MOST diesel manufacturers. Short term gain for long term pain. Overclocking diesels cause extra stress and in the lang haul will cost a fortune in repairs.

Excellent article in one of the Edmonton Journals in July on this.

Comment

I am thinking the only way to really save fuel is to not drive as much. Now how can I get my crop off without combining it all. Hee Hee will go back to vegetating, must be getting old or just plain losing it.

Comment

carebear 300: Could be worse...some up the line had the big 'white combine' do their threshing for them. Sure saved on fuel tho'. Hail smucked tomatoes don't appeal to me but we can't control the weather.

To save on fuel, I keep a list and when I go to town try to accomplish as much as possible, banking, food shopping, repairs and mail so as to avoid needless trips.

Comment

wilagro I am doing the same thing. I have a group of people I need to meet with in Central Ab., so am arranging a one day trip and doing my meetings along the way vs making four trips.

Mind you I don't have kids involved in various activities that require transporting them from place to place, those families are really getting hammered with fuel costs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...