• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statitistics Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statitistics Canada

How many of you other people are getting harassed by this bunch to fill out this financial survey. I took two hours off one night to fill out my census form on time and this is the thanks I get. I can't remember signing anything or agreeing to answer their questions and fill out their surveys when I started farming. I work hard, pay my taxes, file my income tax on time, and I don't know why I should have to put up with their harassment. Does anybody know how you can get off their list? Surely not every one is bothered by these overpaid bureaucrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem a few years back.Told them I wasn't doing their stupid survey.After numerous attempts from them I told them I could tell them a bunch of lies or nothing at all.What could they do?

I was however polite to each of the callers telling them that I understood that they were only doing their job and that I wasn't intending to be rude to them personally.It all worked out very well;even had some of them laughing on the phone.Good luck.

Comment

They are hounding the s___ out of me as well. They do not care how little time I have or how much it will take to find some of their numbers.

I cannot understand how they think it is any of their business what my bank balances, net worth, or anything else is!!

I asked the nice girl why she doesn't just access my CAIS info as they already have it? She claims that there is no cross sharing of info with cais or income tax. What a load of crap.

She then went on to tell me to just "estimate" my numbers! What good is that? She also said this info will help them set up gov't programs ha ha ha.

Well I am going to estimate allright! Zero net income, Zero net worth, Zero cash on hand.

Any other tips to get this over with??

Comment

Call display helps me avoid the whole process.

Comment

I solved the problem of nuisance phone calls this way.When you answer the phone and one replies to you immediately you simply hang up.That cuts off the computer generated calls.

Comment

I am getting more from Stats Canada than I can handle as well.

Comment

Wellllllll...if you guys and gals had filled out the info when asked, you wouldn't be hassled.

Cheers

Comment

Got to agree with wilagro on this one. Fill the darned thing out and avoid all the hassle...and cost to the taxpayer of you being hassled!
                Mine was pretty simple. I didn't get too technical with my answers, just guessed or approximated on some of it!
                Sometimes you just have to go along to get along?

Comment

I just got a phone call from the farm survey (not census), still stats can. They called at 7:30 saturday morning, I told them I work bankers hours so far as paperwork, if they can find me at home when their bank is open I will be happy to answer their questions. That should keep them at bay untill November at least.

Comment

Have you seen the long forum for the farm survey Cowman??

Do you think Stats Can needs to know the purchase/lease price of any trucks or equipment you bought? How about how much you put in RRSP's? How about how much you sold your stocks for? How about your net worth? Value of your stocks and bonds? Bank Debt? Off farm income?

The last page asks if it is ok to share this info that they take with Ag Canada! They claim that this info will help get better programs for us farmers, well how would that be possible if I don't agree to share that info?

If you want to come and do this form for me, please come on over.

Comment

No I never saw the long form. I don't make the rules in this country?
                      I guess if you don't want to do it, then don't. If they fine you $500 bucks, then I guess you'll just have to pay it?
                      You can't fight city hall and expect to win.

Comment

Cowman, I think you are talking about the census form. We are talking about another financial form that is in addition to this from statistics canada. I refuse to fill it in or cooperate just because enough is enough. I filled in the long census form on time at seeding time, I filed my income tax on time, I filled out and submitted my crop insurance form on time, and now I will fill out a new permit book appication. Now I may be old fashioned that is almost too many forms that I had to take time out to fill in. The government should be able to garner enough information from these forms.

Comment

What gets me is that even here in an area with relatively few farmers the local radio station has had a radio ad running roughly every half hour for the last two weeks reminding farm operations that we're required by law blah blah blah. Makes it perfectly clear to me that Statistics Canada could have a large part of their budget cut and moved to AAFC to help farmers.

Comment

yes you have to fill out a censes form but you don't have to fill it out correctly and with the confidance rules they can not disspute your numbers. My numbers will put them back 100 years and their little computers will be smoking.

Comment

i personally refuse tofill out the census on agriculture that came out this spring, to me its all bs anyways. when they start paying me for my time the same as they get paid for theirs , then maybe i will think about doing it, has anyone else out there not filed their stats canada census yet, just wondering, now im getting polite calls once a week reminding me

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...