• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regional water pipeline

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regional water pipeline

The local small municipalities are starting the process to build a water pipeline from an existing water treatment plant.
    It basically became a neccessity for future developement and as a response to the ignorant attitude of the city of Red Deer!
    The city seems to have the attitude that no other community but them should be allowed to grow and flourish! That most of the small communities around them are kicking their butts as far as developement goes, is a real irritant!
    The county initiated the concept of a regional pipeline and Sylvan Lake jumped right in! Sylvan Lake is really rocking with major, major developement happening!
    My County councillor informed me the other day that they will win the annexation war with the city. Apparently the city is screwed.

The city pulled out of mediation talks and is asking the Minister to rule on annexed lands. In my book the city looks pretty bad, to the point of negotiating in bad faith.
    The county has seemed to keep a lid on the loose cannons as far as media interviews go, and are looking pretty good at this point.

There are several water initiatives in central AB. cowman, one being the proposal to pipe water to eastern AB. That one is a hot potato within the government.

Comment

The idea to pipe water to east central Alberta is a good one, in my opinion? Now of course guess which municipality is dead set against it...you guessed it... the city of Red Deer! Also various tree hugger groups who hate to see anyone get ahead and prosper!
      I would really like to see a major dam built on the Red Deer river between Stettler and Red Deer? The area is crying for developement and recreation sites?

Comment

I, too, would like to see water going east, it would mean the difference between growth and death for some of those communities.

Comment

not on my dime!! tired of my tax dollars funnelled down south.

Comment

I don't know how its going to be paid for, if it goes ahead? I imagine the province would be kicking in a major portion of the cost? Maybe they could balance that off against the massive amounts of oil and gas royalties coming out of that area?
            I think it is important to share the wealth throughout the province and not just confine developement and infrastructure to the corridor? Or should we all just move to Calgary or Edmonton and forget about the rest?

Comment

The fact is that land prices are out of sight in the Calgary/Edmonton corridor, piping water east would provide excellent opportunities for spin off industries to locate there, and bring the people that are desparately needed to keep those communities viable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...