• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Buget

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skhadenuf, well said. We are ultimately all in the same boat some will be able to hang on longer than others but if something doesn't change we will all be in trouble. It's to bad though in Sask that we don't start using some of resources, them mabye the Sask gov't could help some of its farmers. Take a look at Alberta's crop insurance, these guys can go to field knowing they are covered. Instead of us insuring to the max for $80-90/acre.

Comment

In my risk area in alberta crop ins. I cant insure for more than 85 $.not gettin near enough to cover input costs.

Comment

I should add this: oats cov..$91.69/A costs $13.63,straight crop insurance.
        canola $81.60 cov.. @$11.55/a
        wheat cov.$56.63 is %5.47/a
        barley cov $72.58 is $8.41/a

Comment

Les, are there any other incentives with this? Such as hail ins, or price gurantee???

Comment

nope thats just standard crop insurance...no price indorsment or hail rider.... nothing. So you think we in alberta still have it so good?
            Some areas in alberta have it better.But in rish area 9 we are getting the shaft big time....the politicians here say it is not fair but they dont do anything about it either...

Comment

I often wonder how much in the hole the various governments go on crop insurance? I am not up on this as we never took out any, ever.
              Is crop insurance costing the tax payer money every year? If so, would that be considered a subsidy?
              What would happen if the government decided to just bow out of crop insurance and let the "Mutual of Omaha" type insurance companies take over? Do you think the premiums would rise, or fall? Do you think government should be competing with private enterprize?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...