• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gravel?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gravel?

We were out digging out some big rocks on some land that we have. When we were digging we came across some gravel. We did not dig down to deep as we do not know where the underground lines run across the land. I do not know how much gravel is there or what quality it is.

I got a sample of the gravel we did dig up and showed it to a local construction company that uses lots of gravel and has their own crusher. They gravel roads and do lots of construction inlvolving gravel, pit run and sand. They said they would come out and do some test holes for me at no charge as long as they have first right to the gravel.

What is gravel worth, what is pit run worth, what is sand worth. I talked to the local RM here and they have a gravel pit and they get paid $1.25 yard for it. The construction company I am dealing with said they pay $0.75 to $1.00 yard. Chances are they will not find much gravel there but if they do I want to make sure I get a fair price.

What is the going rate for gravel?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

I think you may be well advised to hire a backhoe and pay for your own gravel test.

Comment

We have a real nice sand pit - quality sand that folks buy for arenas etc. We charged $3 a yard up until last year now $3.50 - buyer loads and hauls.

Comment

depending on where you are located I would suggest that you contact your local county, RM. etc., and speak to the public works supervisor. They can tell you the price the county pays for gravel and also will likely be able to give you advice on how to develop your own source.

In Alberta there are regulations that govern gravel extraction.

Comment

Ten yards delivered in Oct. 2005 $250 with GST on top of that! That is road gravel. Obviously someone is doing fairly well on this stuff!

Comment

Around here, good crushed rock is going $6.80-$7.40/yd, gravel about $6, pit run about $5-5.50? Wow..cowman..that is crazy. At that price, you could fill a belly dump with good quality crushed rock here, or a belly dump and a tandem of gravel.

Comment

Should have pointed out that the rates I quoted were delivered within 10 mile radius.

Comment

15444: Came from a pit about ten miles away. That just seems to be the going rate around here. Just needed the one load for under a bin.
                It was road gravel but seems to me there was a lot of sand in it.

Comment

all the gravel around here comes from pits along the river, so a person has to be very careful about which aggregate company they buy from. Some of them will haul a load that is half silt and sand.

The cost is around $225 a load of 3/4" crush here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...