• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agricultural Policies

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agricultural Policies

Does anyone know of any linkages between agriculture and energy policies?

?? My own policy is the more energy costs the more cow power I use!

Comment

Thanks grassfarmer, I was thinking along the lines of government policy !

Comment

I am not quite sure what you meant but you might check out Canada’s Energy Policy at:

http://www2.nrcan.gc.ca/es/es/policy_e.cfm

Canada’s Agriculture Policy is the Agricultural Policy Framework of APF.

The only official mention I could find of a linkage was in the Energy Policy “Energy is an essential input to all Canadian economic activity - industrial, manufacturing, technology, agriculture.”

I guess the point can always be made that subsidies to agriculture are really intended to benefit other sectors of the economy like the energy sector because agriculture can always be counted on to spend whatever it gets.

The price of fuel and lubricants would be a factor in the calculated price of supply managed goods like milk, eggs and poultry.

See:
        http://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/regs/2002/pdf/154-m130.02.pdf

Comment

The only real policy that I could think of is anything to do with climate change.

I have been asked to do some work for a company that is interested in any potential linkage between ag and energy policies.

Thanks farmers_ son I'll check out your info.

Comment

CAIS is linked to energy costs in that fuel and lubricants are a eligible expense.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...