• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Care and Retirement

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health Care and Retirement

Not that any of us are nearly OLD to consider retirement, and likely only cowman has land that is worth enough that he could retire in luxury..LOL, it is interesting to hear what Canadians are doing as far as retirement plans go.

My own preference would be to retire in a smaller village, hamlet etc. where people have a 'community mindset' vs some large place where folks don't know their neighbour.
    Actually, I don't ever want to retire, don't ever want to move off the farm but I know that the day will come when I can't or shouldn't drive and living in the country alone with no way to get around won't be an option. ( if the kids haven't had me put into an institute long before that time arrives!).
    The problem with the smaller communities is that very few of them have adequate health care facilities, and as we age, we will likely need to be closer to hospitals etc.
    Developers in towns and cities in Alberta can't keep up with the construction of 55 housing, either condo's or stand along units.
    I sometimes think Lougheed had the right idea when he built hospitals in every whistle stop in Alberta, at least folks could retire in their own community, close to family and their old neighbours, and still know they were close to medical attention if they needed it.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...