• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Hursh Latest Article

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Hursh Latest Article

You know when a useless reporter is grasping for his 10 minuets of fame.
    Hes at it again with his latest article in the Leader post, its for the City people to show them that its not that bad in rural Saskatchewan things are starting to come around.
    Hell he thinks because FCC shows their latest land sales as flat in Saskatchewan that things are starting to turn around. Refinancing and Oil money buying certain pieces and speculators that's whats keeping the land values where they are.
    And rent in some areas is 40.00 an acre and is strong on good producing ground.
    Well Hursh our area out produces yours every year and then some and rent is 27 - 17 an acre because farmers know that they cant afford the higher rent this is 2006 not 1979 like the time warp your locked in.
    He says farm sales are up because farmers are just retiring. Hell yea a forced retirement.
    Get with it Kevin and show the real side of agriculture on the farm not your version (liberals) that has been in place for last 12 years.

I think Kevin is out to lunch on this one too. Land rents north of us in a frost prone zone are 17 to 24/ac but localy there are still clowns paying 32-36/ac, this is 5-10/ac too high considering the drop in land taxes and negative returns for most crops. We will not see a turn around for at least 12-18 months.

Comment

It seems to me their is a group of farmers that believes every thing kevin says and their the ones who are paying these prices and dont think they know their costs but then they end up quitting farming, wounder why!

Comment

If you really want to get through to Kevin Hursh and his publishers, its really simple. Don't buy those publications and don't read his columns. Every time somebody mentions his name favourably or unfavourably his power to command money for writing increases. He couldn't care less what you think or how you feel as long as you read it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't agree with what Kevin Hursh says, but I do say there is land in this province that is worth more money. I was at the sale at Stockholm you couldn't pay me to farm that shit. Same with around the Saskatoon area. Some land should have stayed pasture.

Comment

We have heavy clay thats flat with no stones and the rent is down to 24.32 and thats on 2000 acres. So rent at 40 if a farmer is stupid enough to rent it for that then let him its only to his dimise.
            Kevin trys to make farmers believe he knows what hes talking about look deep into his articles and then judge them.

Comment

Why is that some farmers won't pay for land, but think nothing of it to spend $300,000 on a tractor or combine??

Comment

Its about making money and paying an extra $31,360.00 to rent the land isn't in my budget. I farm to try to make a profit not help someone else make money and I loose out.
                This is a business and yes I would gladly pay more for rent if I had to, but with No help in Saskatchewan from our useless NDP's And CASIP we have to cut costs and guess what rent is a cost so prices drop. Rent stays high in USA due to Subsidies, Rent is high in oil areas due to farmers having extra revenue from leases or mineral rights etc. Rent is higher if their is someone who is out of touch with what he pays for rent. Example a new Ontario Farmer moved in a few years ago he was smarter than most of us if you talked to him. He bid 47.50 an acre and got 1920 acres. myself and a few others were fighting around the 28 to 32 mark and didn't get it. Our mortgage for land 1/2 mile away is less than 40 an acre. His auction was this spring and hes back in Ontario.

Comment

I don't disagree with what your saying, we have guys in our area that are paying stupid rent to. But won't you agree that there is better land in this province than some??

Comment

I agree but what I am saying is that the land I rent for 24 or less grows more than most areas of Saskatchewan and we pay this amount because that's what the area is asking for. Paying 40 in some areas that if one looks back over the last 10 years and they had a drought etc. then paying that rent doesn't make sense

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...