• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian dollar?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian dollar?

Okay, today our Canadian dollar is like the best thing since pizza! Not sure just where it is at right now? Somewhere in that 86 cent range?
    So how come when I go into buy a pump(Japanese-made in Thailand) it costs the same amount of Canadian bucks that it did two years ago when the dollar was 63 cents? So $440 bucks in 2004...shouldn't it be $280 today? What am I missing here? Is some slick wholesaler pocketing my $160 bucks?

Yes their is something wrong when I priced a Deere sprayer back in 2001 and today and it went up in value but with the change in dollar it should have been lower but its not.
    same with phos with a dollar at .86 it should be way lower but not.
    My USA friends say its weird for them to its cheaper to go to home depot in Regina and buy household renovation material than at the home depot close to them. Even with the dollar.
    Dollar me thinks really doesn't make much difference where it sits at markup is markup except for grain and cattle sales.

Comment

I have seen a corresponing decline in the price of the US parts I buy because my Canadian suppler quotes me in US funds and then we do the math!

If you are doing purchases here and are not seeing a decline, confront your retailer with the threat of buying across the line. I did that once and bought an 18 horse Onan engine for hundreds of dollars cheaper from the dealer in Saskatoon, after he capitulated when told what I could buy it for in Minot.

Comment

ivbinconned: You might be right. I know I can buy sprayer parts a lot cheaper in the US than Canada...same parts!
        However, right now I'm boycotting US products! Wrote a snotty letter to the company in Boise about a year ago saying I wasn't going to buy any parts due to Americas stance on the border issue!...Yea, like their really worried about my Micky mouse account! Never bothered to reply. LOL
        A matter of principle?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...