• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local media just might be onto something

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no offence kevin , but i dont think hes had an original idea in his life.
    kevin has jumped on every bandwagon there was in the past 20 years.
    ostrich, emu ,elk. hog barns, the sask wheat pool destruction crew , etc.
    that and wishy washey editorials where he tries to please everyone.
    Never takes a stand, esp.if it might endanger his pocket book.He has been a trusted voice to deliver the corprate veiw.

Comment

Emrald is right cowman, if we take "5 extra minutes" to get something done like drive like a sane person, get some extra sleep and what have you, the economy will not come to a grinding halt, nor will the earth fall off it's axis.

The point of the article was not to have the economy crash but rather we are constantly pushed for our time. It doesn't seem to matter if it is for work, play or for family, there are ever increasing demands on our time. I would argue that behaving like a hamster on a wheel could lead to worse things happening than if we just slowed down a little.

I don't think anyone would fault a person for wanting to make the proverbial buck, but it seems as though that has become the most important thing versus the things that money just can't buy you. An example would be more time with your family. Doesn't matter how much money you make if you don't have anyone to share it with. At the end of the day - you can't take it with you.

When a person is on his or her death bed do you really think they regret not making that extra dollar or do they wish they had spent more time with the people that mattered most in their lives?

Comment

Well Linda you just might be right. I don't know... it just never worked for me. I actually liked making money more than caring for my family! Probably some dark sinister thing in my nature? I really don't think I'll lie on my death bed regretting my life. Just my opinion.
        And for the record: I doubt I've ever speeded in my life(at least once I got past 21) and the same thing goes for drunk driving!
        I will also admit some of these oil field boys do have a heavy foot!

Comment

On a local radio show he comes on as the voice of agriculture in saskatchewan.
          What a Joke.
          He has been out of touch with reality for so long, as to whats happening in rural canada but its funny the people in the cities believe him.

Comment

Actually cowman, most people make money to care for their family !~!!!!!!

Comment

Does anyone know if any rally or any other event is planned for Saskatchewan?

Comment

I didnt say I drive drunk or that it is a good idea What I said was a slow moving drunk is safer than a dam fool that thinks he or she is so good behind the wheel that speed is not a problem.
                A low speed acident is a lot less messy than a high speed one.Drunk or sober.

Comment

You are likely right horse but at a drunk may not react in time to avoid an accident if someone else is driving like a mad man.

Comment

Well bottom line: I don't own very much anymore...so someone sure got the fruits of my labor! Actually I don't really care all that much about money but I do enjoy making it? Just something about making the deal...
                    I have fairly simple tastes, not into the exotic lifestyle at all! Rather drive a chevy than a BMW and be regarded as a "thrifty"(Scottish word for cheap!)person, than extravagant!

Comment

Yes todays paper some thing was mentioned by APAS that the same will take place in regina.
                      Thats all I know.

Comment

First - SASKFARMER CAIS started in 2003. So it don't know how you could go 0 - 4 when 2005 application are justing to be filled out. Try 0 - 2.

Second - I am a Chartered Accountant. And I don't enjoy doing CAIS. I do it because my clients request it. I know many CA firms that have opted not to do any CAIS applications. It is a waste of their time. Make more money doing other engagements. So it is not a cash cow for accountants. But rather a pain.

Third - I would like you to come up with the perfect farm program. I know many farmer who have done well with CAIS. It is the same for every program that comes out. Some peopel it doesn't work for.

Fourth - Make sure you have a good accountant. I have review CAIS applications where the farmer was going to get nothing and I got them close to $100,000 more than them expected. Many accountants don't know much about farming and make mistakes on the application. Or they just rush through them.

I believe a farmer would do a better job on the application than some accountants.

Comment

First of all I wont quallify for the Program again in 2005, Second their is a accounting firm in Saskatchewan taking 10% of what ever the farmer gets, then dumps them as a client.
                          Yes people got CASIP
                          SWP got 4.9 million and some large hog opperations got millions, Your points are respected but add in AIDA and the Others and you get my picture.
                          The program was designed by the Liberals to feed an Accounting firm.
                          Most farmers who got money got it because they lied or created companys where one took the grain and anouther had nothing.
                          the program was flawed and Yes give me the power to create a program and I would.
                          It would be the AMERICAN SYSTEM its tried and works not a make work program like we have in CANADA!
                          Have a great day!

Comment

lakenheath you sure you aren't Kevin hursh in disguise

Comment

No I am not Kevin Hursh (he is not an accountant). And I don't believe an American system is the solution as it is the problem. No sense fighting fire with fire. Our government can afford an American system. Neither can the Americans but they don't seem to mind being in trillions of dollars of debt. Many experts believe the American economy is on the brink of crashing. Why do you think commodities like gold and silver are sky-rocketing. If the States crashes, they fear wpaper money will be worthless.

Comment

Well if your not Kevin then you think like him. for years he has been preaching that the new way will work. yea it worked all right it made every single farmer in Canada a peasant, so if you want a country where its farmers are peasants then you succeeded but if you want a vibrant country start looking at whats not working and help change it. Saying people got money form CASIP is easy divide SWP 4.9 million into the amount of people who got a payout and you have a large average payout for Saskatchewan add in CArgil and phosberg etc and we know where the money went

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...