• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lOCAL FARMER WORIED ABOUT CANADIAN TAX PAYER

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lOCAL FARMER WORIED ABOUT CANADIAN TAX PAYER

Had A CONVERSATION TODAY with a local farmer yes he lives on Daddy's farm and only built a new house 20 years ago and a few new pieces of equipment no more land.
    Any way he was worried about the Canadian tax payer and Canada couldn't afford a us system I said take the 740 million what you got divided by 5 billion annual Ag Canada budget and pronto its 4.5 time what you got on our farm that's $245,000.00 and guess what we eliminate some 20000 jobs oh my god but we keep farmers going.
    any way the guy went home depressed as usual.

How about the gun registry...and the 10,000 Ottawa jobs with Canada Health!!

Native affairs soaks up a few bucks too!

Comment

On money dear Girl dont you know to get to hell out of the way when the oil pickups have a mission.

Comment

horse, that comment really is uncalled for. I am willing to bet that very few of the accidents and damage to property in rural areas are caused by oil company vehicles.

Most if not all companies have very stringent safety programs and anyone driving like a maniac would be hauled on the carpet and likely given a suspension, losr their job or something equally as severe.In fact, many companies have a 1-800 number on the back bumper or window to call if the vehicle isn't being driven in a safe courteous manner.

Now, I am not saying that people who work for oil companies don't drive like madmen at times, but I have lived in the oil patch for years and for the most part the drivers that I see, and meet on this road and other rural roads in the area are courteous and drive safely.
        I too, have had the fence torn down by a kid that went through a stop sign, hit the checkerboard warning sign and into my fence.

He did have the decency to call me and let me know, then he said he would fix the fence in the 'spring'. I called back and asked for his Dad and said the fence would have to be temporarily fixed immediately, then fixed properly in the spring. The Dad knew nothing about the little incident, but not too long passed before both Dad and kid were fixing the fence.

Comment

I really dont get where he was comming from but then he has been out in left field for some time.

Comment

Ahhhh but haven't you heard the great news? They're going to fix CAIS!
            But wait... they fix dogs too, it doesn't seem to help THEM feel any better.

Comment

AGRICULTURE MINISTERS DISCUSS PATH FORWARD FOR AGRICULTURE IN CANADA

Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia, March 20, 2006 ? Federal, provincial and territorial Ministers of Agriculture met today in British Columbia. They discussed key issues facing the sector as well as the development of the next generation of agriculture and agri-food policy. They are committed to working together, making a concerted effort to address immediate needs and to establish a strong policy foundation that will ensure a competitive and profitable agriculture sector for years to come.

Ministers addressed the need to develop the next generation of agriculture and agri-food policy, to provide an enduring foundation for profitability throughout the value chain. To achieve this, Ministers recognize that a dedicated partnership between governments and industry is required and are committed to consulting with a broad range of stakeholders to this end.

Ministers are also determined to move forward on transforming the Canadian Agricultural Income Stabilization (CAIS) program to ensure programming is simpler and more responsive to the needs of Canada?s producers. They tasked officials to review options, to carry out consultations, including on the possibility of replacing the current integrated CAIS program with one that separates disaster relief from income stabilization, and to bring recommendations back to them at their next meeting in June. They asked that these changes be affordable to taxpayers.

Ministers have pressed forward in eliminating the deposit and replacing it with a fee. The details on the fee will be announced by March 31,2006. Ministers also agreed to further consider expanding the coverage for producers with negative margins, and to consider a targeted advance to proactively aim assistance at commodities or regions where it is especially needed.

Ministers recognize that it is a priority to ensure Canada is well prepared to address an outbreak of avian influenza, should one occur. Recognizing the good work already done, they directed officials to continue to work with all relevant authorities, with special emphasis in a number of areas, namely biosecurity related to commercial operations and backyard flocks, including segregation from wild birds, Foreign Animal Disease Emergency Support agreements, communications with stakeholders and the public, and the availability of the human and technical resource capacity to respond to a prolonged or wide spread outbreak. Ministers asked officials to bring forward their work at their upcoming conference in June.

Ministers also continued their discussions related to bovine spongiform encephalopathy. They discussed the importance of moving forward to enhance Canada's feed ban and to work collaboratively to address the challenges related to the disposal of specified risk materials.

Ministers unanimously supported moving quickly on a National Agriculture and Agri-Food Traceability System beginning with livestock. It should be built on a partnership of governments and industry. Ministers directed that further consultations with industry take place with a view to bringing forward concrete recommendations on a national system at their next meeting.

Ministers also discussed Canada?s participation in the World Trade Organization (WTO) agriculture negotiations, and their importance to the prosperity and growth of the entire sector. Ministers affirmed the importance of Canada?s efforts to achieve a more level international playing field for producers and processors across the country. They expressed their particular support for improving Canadian exporters? access to international markets, and strongly reaffirmed their support for the right of producers to choose to use orderly marketing systems. Ministers further agreed on the key role to be played by the provinces and the agri-food industry in helping Canada to develop and advance positions at the WTO which serve Canada?s national interests.

The next meeting of federal, provincial, and territorial Ministers of Agriculture will be their annual conference in St. John?s, Newfoundland and Labrador, June 26-29, 2006.

Comment

It wasn't my intent to point fingers because truth be told, unless the culprit comes forward, we will never know who did it. That is my point - we just seem to be turning into this triple S society and as long as we don't get caught doing things to others' property isn't really an issue.

There is absolutely no consideration for the fact that it will take us time and money to fix it. What I do hope is that there are some nice scratches to the paint job so that whomever it was has to spend big money to get it repainted. Oh and maybe fix a piece of the plastic grill and such.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...