• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benifits of CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benifits of CWB

There is several Benifits of the CWB that we know of. Do you know of any more Benifits add them in. I could not think of any benifits of dual marketing or an open market so if you know of any add them in.

Benifits of CWB
    #1 Guaranteed payment
    #2 Fairness of delivery opportunity to all producers.
    #3 CWB advances
    #4 Rail car acqisition for shipping
    #5 accountability to the railways
    #6 CIGI evaluation
    #& promotion and marketing support for Canadian grains
    #7 CGC support and relationship to producers and terminals
    #8 terminal access for all CWB grains
    #9 handling agreements with all country elevators and terminals
    #10 Holding tarrifs at competitive levels
    #11 fair shipping opportunities for all grain handling companies creating fair access to competition for all farmers
    #12 producer car initiatives that allow for producer car loading to a terminal
    #13 access to world market and crop conditions
    #14 world market prices by a single desk seller who can demand higher prices and Canadian quality guarentees which the industry would have to earn over again.

Benifits of Dual Marketing

???

Benifits of Open Market

???
    IP: Logged
    Edit?

Reply to this Thread - Return to Topic List

Boy are you going to get blasted.

Comment

I would hope he doesn't. I have to admit to noticing that some of the posts have been attacking the posters of late and that isn't what the site is about. Ideas are fair game but taking a shot a people is not right - under any circumstances.

The atmosphere is meant to be one of being able to share information and ideas without fear of personally being under fire.

We're all entitled to our opinions and sometimes it is just like mom used to tell us.... if you don't have anything nice to say, then keep quiet.

There, I'm off my soap box now. :-)

Comment

Jagfarms: All the benifits you listed sound pretty good? Don't know what your point is, was the CWB going somewhere? I don't know of any political party that is saying the CWB should be abolished?
        Maybe you've been listening to Mr. Ritter too much when he rants away about the CWB is doomed if they have to give up the single desk?
        In reality the Conservative party doesn't even have to be a wee bit radical? Just direct the CWB to issue export licenses with no buyback? Problem solved. Still have the CWB, also satisfy the boys who want to go it alone?...Of course the CWB would actually have to do a decent job if they wanted to keep the farmers business? Sort of how it is in the rest of the country?
        I often wonder how come farmers east of Manitoba or west of Alberta are smart enough to market grain but the DA farmers aren't? Are we a bunch of mental defectives or something?

Comment

Cowman If you read in the Commodity Marketing forum they are mostly against the CWB there. I had posted my post there as well and I sure did get a blast.

Jason

Comment

Well I'm not really in the grain business(other than rent out some land on a crop share basis) so it doesn't especially concern me. My renter will not grow anything he has to sell through the CWB and frankly if we didn't need a rotation in the mix canola would be the crop of choice here? Not much of a wheat growing area.
            Hey lets face it any organization thats been around for 70 years should have some clout and contacts? And I do believe the CWB has made some changes in the last several years that helped their image? Might not be a good idea to throw the baby out with the bath water!
            Harper campaigned on the promise of giving farmers options...he did not campaign on eliminating the CWB? I don't think Chuck Strahl has ever indicated anything different? Now Mr. Ritter sees it different, he sees the end of the single desk monopoly as the end of the CWB? But in reality the Conservatives could end the monopoly tommorrow by directing the CWB to issue export permits with no buyback? I believe that is already permitted under the CWB act?
            In the end I believe that is just how it is going to be whether Mr. Ritter likes it or not? He is waging a public relations campaign right now...and we all know how politicians are...you say what you have to to get your agenda across! I suspect when the shoe finaly drops he'll find a way to make it work?

Comment

jag, take at look at my post in commodity ...posted november 29th.

Comment

CWB look at his 10 points am I missing something
                1.Canola you get paid no problem same with oats peas etc.
                2fairness I have #1 high protein they need It I cant give it to them for a good price because of the CWB.
                3 Advance look Canola pulses etc all have advances.
                4Shipping have not problems with Other crops why would wheat be a difference then look at snowbird promised would pick up and ship in fall its April soon just going now.
                5Accountable to the rail ways look at the other crops whats the difference
                6 Canadian Grain Commission Yea we need 4 guys at 70 - 100 thousand watching elevator guys load cars then have other CGC guys at the coast do the same then again when its loaded oh yea we pay for this BS.
                etc etc. Come on its a nice system but its not working Get a real initial price yes one can use their other payment options but sorry coming with a low initial just keeps down the feed market.
                Ex malt barley 1.63 just a little above feed price so the farmer figures he can maybe get more from the Malt but who knows.
                Feed wheat same it sets the feed price with their unrealistic low initials.
                SORRY ITS TRUE.

Yes the CWB had a place but also how come in ND the fall price delivered to terminal is $5.23 forward contract US dollars and CWB is telling me not to grow durum.
                I think I can get a trucker to haul 100 miles for 1.00 to 2.00 a bushel but we have a good system.

Come on its time to find a fix!

Comment

cwb,lot of talkings,is everythings goes thru or you can sell outside of cwb

Comment

Stormannorman in english please

Comment

no storm, the CWB only controls wheat oats and malt barley...am I right guys??

But one can sell these grains( with the exception of Malt) into the domestic feed market.

Comment

Yes the feed market is the only place you can sell your wheat and why then do the inital prices always dictate the feed price because if you cant wait two years for your check your forced to sell into this market.

Comment

sorry saskfarmer3 my english is not very good,just want to know how you market your grain.

Comment

Vous êtes ici le stormnorm bienvenu, ne vous occupez pas de Saskfarmer qu'il est alittle juste grincheux... comme moi. Vous pouvez vouloir essayer ceci cependant, si vous allez au Home Page de google et cliquetez dessus des outils de langauge, là vous pouvez saisir français et le demander de traduire à l'anglais pour vous, pour le versa de visa et le wala!! Juste comme j'ai fait ici. Alors vous pouvez "copier" et "collez" vos commentaires où vous aimez. Espérez que ceci aide.

Comment

Yes sorry for the comment, Its just that were testy out west since the failure in Agriculture has happened over the last 10 years or so and Ottawa and the Provinces have done nothing but lip service.
                              IVBNCONED is right about the web site where you can paste and switch from french to English.
                              I can speak a little french thank god for grade 12 french ha!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...