• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going great guns

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Horse you "down played" that nicely? One well is being "abandoned"...and I guess you get nothing from that one right? I've had one being "abandoned" for close to twelve years...and the old lease payment just keeps turning up in my mailbox?
    And once upon a time I only got $150...but that has changed now! Once upon a time you could buy a pickup truck for $1500...not now! But nice deflection!
    And we won't even mention your investments?
    I find this totally funny....those darned oil companies ripping off the little guys...and then you turn up as one of the guys doing the ripping and benifitting from all that oil "largesse"! Horse, Horse, Horse...even you should see how ironic that is? You darned capitalist exploiter of the common folk! LOL

Comment

Oh back off cowman!! its just the luck of the draw you know...horse has wells...I don't...I wonder if he would share with me...uummm.

Comment

What has me having wells got to do with $1200/ day wages . I have never said oil is a bad thing only that it is run by the very rich for the very rich, and that every one no matter what thier income has to pay at the pumps or for thier groceries that are trucked in, and that the gov should get more for our resources and share that with those that dont have those golden plated jobs.
        As for abondonment that well went in 4 yr ago dry and is on the last yr for reclamation, There is an neibour that has the same deal as you I think the well is been put away for over15 yr but they are still sending rent ,and then some say the oil buis runs a tight ship BA.Humbug

Comment

There is that word "share" again...it is the source of all your grief and the stumbling block of your thinking horse.

Who shall DECIDE on the sharing formula that YOU demand? I have shown in other threads that the fallacy in letting governments decide these things leads too unbelieveable results. Be it the feds, or provincial governments!
          Government intervention leads to much corruption and those that control the government "play the tune". You should rather be advocating that "government get out of the way instead of demanding they level the playing field!

I will pose this question again here...any takers;

"I asked this question in another thread and there was no response to it but I will ask it again here. If 100-200 years ago as the western world was explored and settled had the law been…what ever is discovered out there, it belongs to all of us! What ever can be garnered from the land, no matter what your risk, it belongs to all of us! Would there ever have been a gold rush? Would anyone ever have taken risks? Would there ever have been a Leduc?

I guess you could say that I just don't accept todays premise that the "resourses" belong "equally" to all of us. ""

Comment

This discussion is similar to one that takes place at the Alberta Association of Municipal Districts and Counties convention fairly often.

Municipalities without a significant resource base want other municipalities with higher assessment to SHARE it.

They don't take into consideration the extreme pressure on infrastructure, the influx of residents wanting services, recreational facilities etc.
            I won't mention names of municipalities here but there were some that really were whiners.
            Actually at some of the conventions it sounded like Robin Hood was alive and well....

Comment

And to play devil's advocate, when it comes to Quebec, "Who shall DECIDE on the sharing formula that YOU demand?"

Comment

AAMD C has been messing around with formulas for years, I haven't seen the latest one but I imagine it is fairly interesting.

Comment

When did I "demand" a sharing formula??

Glad you brought up Quebec cakado...it is a good example of what is wrong with this country when governments decide who or what to support!!

Comment

But to answer your question exactly cak...I wish that you could, as an Albertan that is...have a say in these matters of CON-federation.

Comment

IVBC when you bought your? land what did you but oil gas gold coal NO NO you bought the top 6 of mabey only 1 inch and now you think you can tell us we are wrong well by your senerio if I come and am touhger than you well you had better get to hell off my land an if the gov is not there to protect my or your rights what in hell are they there for, get them to hell out of the way and if you want to put your skills against mine as to be more ruthles than me lets get at it.
                      Let anarcy prevail.
                      Are you sure you are not a liberal policy writer.

Comment

Definitly NOT liberal!

Comment

It might interest you Horse that the abandoned well I've been getting paid for is finally on the short list too. Just the other day I got the final "report"(about as thick as a bible) which they sent to me before it goes to the government to sign it off? Alberta Environments tests clearly show it was not cleaned up properly but concluded they could go ahead with abandonment. Which is just fine and dandy...when the time comes they will be the ones cleaning it up...and the time will come!
                          Next week its off to the lawyer to make sure everything is aboveboard and see if I have any kind of case against the government!
                          I do find it funny that because this well was drilled a long time ago that it has different rules than wells drilled today? For example: The failing grade for contamination on this well does not require a proper cleanup...but one drilled last year would! I don't really see how that makes much sense? I guess the brain trust at Alberta Environment is so wise that they can put a date on what is pollution and what isn't? Like suddenly industrial contamination gets a free ride or something!

Comment

Agricultural Service Boards fought long and hard to protest the relaxation of the well abandonment regs. to no avail.

A similar thing is happening at this point as a few bureaucrats are re-working the legislation that governs hog operations, feed lots etc., to relax them to the point that if the public ever really knew how little the environment and the public will be protected by the legislation they would be shocked.

For instance, monitoring wells around lagoons must be tested to ensure no leakage from these lagoons.

Up to this point the tests were done by the regulator, now the regs are going to change to allow the operator to do their own testing and forward the results.

The average operator is very trustworthy and wishes to operate within the legislation and also run an operation that the public can have confidence in. However, the bad operators that have been the problem all along aren't going to play by any rules even the relaxed ones.
                            I wonder how many samples will come from the kitchen tap vs the monitoring well if it happens to be sited near a lagoon that wasn't constructed to specs in the first place.

One day when there is contamination of ground water and members of the public become ill, there will be a huge outcry about the relaxation of the regs., and the entire industry, not the bad apples will bear the brunt of it. Much the same as the relaxation of the abaondonment regs.

Comment

It is interesting that my local paper(Innisfail Province) has been running a series on coalbed methane? Last week it tended to be mostly about the surface rights groups and how they see things and this week was a response from the coalbed companies?
                              Now I will tell you this: I thought the coalbed response was factual and they never told any lies! I won't say the surface rights group lied, but they tend to use wild vague suggestions and go for sensationalism!
                              Doreen Rempel was the quoted spokesman for the coalbed companies and she laid it out in a professional manner...the risks, the facts, the reality? Now I have had dealings with her before and she is articulate, to the point, and tells it like it is! Now contrast that to blanket rantings about destroying the aquifiers and ruining the country?
                              These surface rights groups really need to hire a professional so they don't come across as idiots or something?
                              At many of these surface rights meetings...or should I say media events to bitch and moan...they pull out the old pop bottle trick? A 2 liter pop battle half full of water...and light it with a propane torch? Looks impressive for the dumbies...but anyone whos been around a bit know a whole lot of Alberta water has gas in it and probably has had for centuries?
                              Now I belong to the surface rights group but I'll tell you some of their tactics are not going to be effective. They seem to still have some kind of attitude that all oil and gas companies are evil and should be run off the face of the earth! Conflict seems to be the number one goal...and that is sad because there are some good people on these boards, but they are alienating a good portion of the landowners with their rhetoric and actions?

Comment

As a former member of a subdivision and development appeal board I can tell you that the people who made the best case for any issue that came in front of us were ones who presented facts, did not try and give us a snow job, and didn't bring personalities into the meeting.
                                If their facts supported their position the decision was probably favorable to their cause.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...