• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Pool and Cais

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Pool and Cais

To all you beef farmers that got clawed money back from cais isn't nice to know that Sask pool got a nice cheque from CAIS for 4.9 million because they downsized their hog operations.

If the numbers were posted in Canada Like the US one would see that most of the CASIP money went to SWP hog operations feed lots and the primary producer got f all.
    Typical system in canada the one that use the primary producer are helped and the primary producer is left the scraps.
    They need us we should all quit and see how long this game goes on.

Comment

...you nailed it saskfarmer3...our operation is a fairly large cow-calf and backgrounding ...raise all our own feed... through 03-04 the farms gross income was down over 6 figure... we did receive the 80 dollars a head for the set aside... with cais we had received a notice that we would get 0 dollars for 03 and 5000 $ for 04... that is where as a generation farm (like so many others) used up a wack of equity to keep things afloat ...in december of this past year we got a cheque from cais for 15000 ...they said it was a revised 03 and 04 inventory adjustment...personally i feel the cais program is very unfair to us producer that produce our own feed ...

Comment

Black jack it is just amazing how money goes to one accounting firm also who I believe was in bed with the previous Govt and they had lots of clients who were farmers so by making CASIP a program that needed accountants that was their payoff for supporting a certain politician.

Comment

...saskfarmer3...there is an article in this weeks "western producer" that relates to alot from what i have heard from other producers... good luck...

Comment

Yea it just amazes me how a company can show a profit knowing that they got CASIP money and without it they would have lost some 2.5 million, instead of profititing.
            THen mayo the CEO is predicting farmers will be back this spring spending, boy is he in for a real surprise. either they will and then next fall they will declare bankrupsy when they cant pay SWP or they will cut back purchases this spring.
            its going to be interesting to see.

Comment

My local fertilizer dealer tells me he has a LOT of money out on the books from last year? Apparently it is pretty hard to move any grain right now and the feedlots are not too keen as they think barley is going to go lower!
              I do know my cousin sold a few B-trains in the last week but probably needed the money to pay some bills...I doubt he got wealthy!
              I elected to keep my crop share in the bin and will probably be looking at feeding it to cows next winter. I sure don't like it as it is just a pain compared to hay but it bugs me when I get screwed! I'll be damned if I ever give grain away! Maybe I'm an idiot or something but basically free straw and $1.75 barley can make for pretty cheap rations!
              I wonder how the federal grain and oilseeds promise of money is working out? I believe $750 million and maybe $500 million more? Is this putting a big chunk of cash into farmers pockets? Is it enough to get the crop planted this year?

Comment

Cowman they just don't get it out their in the cities etc. I look at farmers projections for the coming year for lenders and guess what people who I thought had money DONT and very few are getting ahead. Paying interest, Having bills not paid to local Seed Fert Fuel dealers. SWP Cargill Agricor Pioneer etc all have money owing them. This is like a Cancer and I really Believe this year will be the final one.
                Some thing interesting Ontario Ag Department is saying farmers in Ontario with CASIP Crop insurance and the special grains program Got on average an acre. I did our payments using BS crop insurance we have in Saskatchewan Since if they really put in 60 % and I paid 40% of the cost of insurance that would be 21.00 cost for 60 coverage I think some thing is wrong with this picture. Any way taking all that into account We got CASIP Crop Special grains 160,000.00 or 22.00 an acre Ontario farm 71.33 an acre So that means again were getting screwed out west. by the tune of $345,310.00 Got to love Canada.
                We in the West just sit back and take it over and over and over again.

Comment

Well I know it isn't pretty, especially in Saskatchewan as your crop insurance program really sucks!
                  I do wonder though how come these Ontario farmers seem to be getting real riled up and going to take some serious action, while in the west we seem to just go with the flow?
                  I suspect it was pretty ugly in Manitoba last year as it is a little tough to farm in a rice paddy! Are they up in arms like the boys in Ontario?
                  I do give the farmers in Ontario credit for getting organized and putting up a stink although I'm not sure how the public might view it?
                  The Quebec farmers are pretty militant and have no problem hitting the streets if they don't like what they are getting? And perhaps the farmers in France have the best idea? If the government tries to screw them they take the fight right downtown and burn the buildings! Maybe we need to import a few feisty Frenchmen?

Comment

Manitoba is just ugly to have a lot of good years pump the juice and then have a failure frost then flood and cant seed.
                    its ugly
                    I was town in TO recently and the farmers their seem to be finally feeling what we did back in the late 90's.
                    This is my interpretation.

Comment

Has anyone noticed all the listing of farms for sale in the Western Depressor?

The Lane Realty alone would take up pages if they were to give a brief description like most do.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...