• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting snow

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drifting snow

Just got back from pulling out the local "grass widow"! Plowed her lane two days ago and the darned thing drifted in so bad it was incredible!
    I try to help her out because I will tell you she sure got a raw deal and she is a good old girl.
    How would you like it if you were married twelve years, had two fine boys, and one day the old man decides he likes boys better than girls! She had to fight like hell to keep these two boys from going to live with their daddy and his boyfriend! Like what are these courts thinking?
    This is about the sickest crap I've ever seen and this old girl is a real down home type who is really struggling! And her two boys are real decent kids. They come up and I give them jobs cutting the grass,raking leaves and stuff like that.
    Now her ex husband can't work because he is sick with HIV so he can't support her or the kids! She got tested and is clean...apparently he wasn't much interested the last few years! She is out working some crappy job at Tim Hortons and trying to keep it together!
    My spouse and I try to help them out however we can but she is an old farm girl and has too much pride to take any money. You have to disguise anything you do so it doesn't look like charity! I told her, hey we all have tough times and what the hell are neighbors for if they can't help out when times are tough, but she has her pride...if nothing else? As I said her boys are very good kids but they are all messed up by this! Apparently the kids at school know the situation and have made it tough on them!...And these are good boys.
    I am really disgusted how her in laws have treated her other than one uncle who has been very good.
    I told another neighbor that SOB should be taken out and hanged for how he treated her and those kids...and that don't have nothing to do whether he is a fruit or not! If he was screwing around with some woman I wouldn't feel no different...he ought to be ashamed of himself?

She is lucky to have neighbours that lend a hand. I agree with everything you said, she is one of many that have gotten a raw deal, and sometimes the shoe is on the other foot and the man is the one that gets a raw deal and taken to the cleaners.

Life ain't fair a lot of the time !!

Comment

Around here it is a first come basis If I have me dozer on I plough out all the neibours and they do the same but I cant help but mention if gas was cheaper or power or a multitude of services mabey she wouldnt be in such a fix,thats what I mean when I complain about 6 figure salerys it comes back to all of us in some form.

Comment

GEEZ horse, regardless of how much some people make and regardless of whether the utilities and gasoline are high priced or not there will always be some folks that get a dirty deal out of life.
        Neighbours have been helping each other since time began, and plowing snow for one another or checking in on someone that lives alone is just being a good neighbour.

I have a neighbour that will show up with a pot of homemade soup and she, her husband and I will sit down and have a nice meal together.

When she has been ill or injured or had surgery, I cook meals, take them over, drive her to town and never think of the cost. She can afford to hire someone to do those things for her but its certainly not the same.

I wish I could do more for my neighbours but farming on my own and working is about all I can handle.

I pay someone to clean my driveway,if I am not able to do it myself, I know that the neighbour would run over and plow it but they have enough to do, and there may be other things I will have to call on them for someday.

Comment

Well I sure do value my neighbors and do believe in the concept of "pay it forward"? For every good turn somewhere down the road you'll probably get it back! Or someone else will!
          A couple of winters ago I was going down the road and saw this guy in the ditch. Now he was about three sheets to the wind so I hooked up his car to the one ton and pulled him out. He staggered out of his car and pulled out his wallet and said hey what do I owe you, buddy? I said well I'll tell you what...someday you'll come across someone in a situation like this? When you do you stop and help them...then you've paid me! And I also told him usually whisky and winter roads don't mix all that well and he should consider waiting until he got home before he wet his whistle!

Comment

good advice cowman. I likely would have one step further and asked the idiot if he realized how many people were dead because of drivers that liked to have a 'few' before they got behind the wheel !!!

Just heard on the news this AM about an 18 year old being charged due to a traffic death, the 18 year old was impaired. Now, I would suspect that his life will never be the same, but then again, at least he has a life to live which isn't the case for the victim !!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...