• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electoral boundaries?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Linda, I know the story going around was he never passed the bar, but I don't know if that was true or not? He had no problem calling himself a lawyer(every chance he got) and he told me he was involved in international trade law?
    And yes he didn't hide the fact he was using municipal politics as a stepping stone to bigger things?
    Love him or hate him he sure kept things hopping and the papers buzzing!

Comment

Oh, and Linda the missing money was really just a case of nobody minding the store? There weren't enough safeguards in place to stop a wily thief?
      But you are right when you say "How do we know if an elected reeve is better or not, when we've never had one". I do believe we are going to get that chance next election and I think it will be interesting to see who goes for it? Definitely the present reeve and I suspect the councillor in division six? Do you see any wild cards entering the race?

Comment

In our municipality a recycled councillor and former reeve who hadn't been on council for six years ran and won the reeve job.
        Unfortunately he is a sit on the fence person and the local town is really taking advantage of that to push annexation again and also wine and dine him once a month so they can pursuade him to go to bat for them on other issues eg. Landfill.

When he was elected one of the councillors wanted to develop terms of reference for his position but the rest of the council being new, called him the BOSS and said he could do what he wanted to.

He is honest but certainly does not share all his activities with the rest of council nor the public so no-one really knows what is going on.

I would suspect that someone will run against him next time, and for sure he will run because he has never made as much money in his life !!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...