• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Webster, Ontario farmer on strike for farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Webster, Ontario farmer on strike for farmers

Steve Webster is on STRIKE for farmers! - 03-10-2006

Steve Webster, a farmer from Blyth, Ontario, has had enough of the government's lack of action towards a long-term solution for struggling grain and oilseed farmers. He is, as we speak, living in his car and at the front door of Queens Park in Toronto and says he isn't going to move until government starts paying attention to the Farm Income Crisis! He will be allowed to stay in the building (Legislative Assembly of Ontario) during the day, but must leave the building at night to sleep in his car. Steve says the media is starting to take notice, and will be covering him throughout his stay. He will be on CBC radio this morning. According to a trio of supporters that visited him yesterday, he is in good spirits and says he has had a large volume of calls of support.

Dalek surley you must be confused as IVBC tells us every day the CWB is our problem but you dont have the CWB to stifle you you must surly be mistaken or a dm poor farmer.

Comment

It's strange horse. Corn, soy and wheat growers in Ontario have problems too, but no CWB. I guess it sucks having to compete with the US Treasury whether the CWB is involved or not.

Comment

So you agree with eh horse...the Wheat board has provided no protection...obviously!

The Ontario farmers have been agitating for years for the same kind of support that Quebec gets. This focus of their efforts has never been covered by the Western farm Press.

I think I can take credit for being the first to bring it to the attention of westerner's and have been able to get much of the info on to the desk of the Alberta Ag minister.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...