• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta surplus

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There isn't a shred of doubt in my mind that this power line is going ahead - the question is where will it be going.

In my opinion, there is no point in starting to say "we don't want it" because that is essentially what the power company is waiting for people to do. They have bigger guns, more legal power and more money than all of us put together, so to fight it on a purely we don't want it standpoint is a non-starter.

Of course we don't want it running through our quarter because that would put us smack in the middle of two power lines and we have absolutely no desire to be there. We have many other concerns as well and I did write and put in our comments on the Terms for the EIA. The best case scenario for us is if it runs parallel to the existing lines that are about 1/2 mile away from us.

The best way to approach this - and again this is my own personal viewpoint - is to point out that if they are going to do this, then let's make sure it is the "model" powerline and takes into consideration a number of things.

You can still hold their feet to the fire and make it reasonably challenging for them to do anything. One still needs to "fight the good fight" and make their voices heard. Stranger things have happened and remember - David did slew Goliath.

Comment

Linda, I would suggest that you contact the Warburg group, it is my understanding that they are amalagmating with groups in central AB., to request another hearing over the issue.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...