• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The kid up the road

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kid up the road

One of my neighbors kids has always worked for us off and on and in his spare time since he was about 12. He was always a good kid and very handy.
    Today he is 17 and has sort of gone to hell in a hand basket! He quit school last year and moved to town...and got in all sorts of trouble with booze and dope etc.!
    I guess he sort of bottomed out sometime before Christmas and his mother dragged him home. He kind of got sorted out and has some fast food type job partime.
    Anyway the other day he asked me if I would hire him for the summer and after giving him a lecture on how to live I said I'd take a chance on him.
    I told him I didn't want no booze or drugs while he was working and if he wanted to party it up on the weekend to be bright eyed and bushy tailed come Monday morning!
    He said he still had some problems but was going to ADAC and was getting his act together. Said he'd just got into something he couldn't get out of but he was now trying to put his life back together.
    So I guess I'll take a chance. I do believe someone has to give you a break once in awhile? I'll work him hard and hope it works out.

You will likely have to ride herd on him but in giving him a chance and making sure he stays on the straight and narrow you may have done a lot to turn his life around.
    I would suspect that he was into crystal meth, it messes up more kids than any other drug that they might mess with other than cocaine.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...