• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Good Mogul Run

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Good Mogul Run

It's been a few years since I've actually been skiing, but yesterday I had a good "mogul" type run just the same. Too bad it was down the road to get to my house.

It is getting more and more frustrating when we're told that it is the heavy farm equipment that is damaging the roads when at 6:00 this morning there were jake brakes sounding as the trucks were moving yet another rig.

Why they have to use jakes on a piece of flat ground is beyond me. I know they say it is to save on brakes, but they can coast to the corner as they have to stop anyway. Hmmmmm, maybe the mogul runway has them scared.

Linda: Phone the county and complain! They have a hired contractor who moniters the roads before and after a rig move! If he isn't doing his job you have a valid reason to complain?
    The oil company is paying big bucks to have this service and if there is a problem with the road they will fix it...no problem for them...just the cost of doing business? But if the monitoring contractor is letting things slide and you don't complain...then who is to blame?

Comment

Also Linda, you can ask the county to direct the company not to use jake brakes unless absolutely necessary. I have called companies myself asking why then need to try and wake the dead at 2:00 AM, and the jack brakes were history !!

Comment

The worst thing about these chopped up roads is some idiot comes flying down them at night or even in the daylight and loses it and ends up in the ditch upside down! You could almost swear some of these boys driving the gravel roads think they are at the Daytona 500 or something!
        I was talking to an old farmer out on a lease last year and I commented his roads sure were a mess. He said "Well you just have to slow down a bit and they are okay! No need to get to hell faster than you need too!"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...