• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corn duty excemption?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn duty excemption?

Apparently if you import American corn, feed it to pigs and then export them for slaughter , you get the duty back? I have to ask this : Is our government a complete bunch of idiots? Does this make one iota of sense?
    Now the Canadian hog packers are saying they are going to need the excemption on any pork they export!
    What kind of utter moron came up with this plan? On the other hand this whole gong show probably added a few jobs for some Liberal hacks...so maybe it makes sense to the beurocrats? Never let a few businesses going under get in the way of the old payola!

That applies to any corn cowman. If you import it, process it, then re-export the finished product the duty is returned. They can also do it with ethanol, corn syrup, etc.

Comment

Cowman.....next time you are at the local gas bar ...do a survelliance of all the patrons........could/would any of those people have made those rules????You betcha`, they are your Canuck neighbors!!!Maybe not the ones you are looking at,who made the rules, but a neighbor just the same!!!

Comment

Rumour has it they're going to start exporting the ethanol from the Ontario plants made with Michigan corn, then backhaul US ethanol from plants close to the border which will come in duty-free since it is already processed.

Comment

Why would anybody be surprised? Only in Canada would this kind of chit go on, lets hope after the election some kind of common sense is practiced. Past experience would make me doubt it very much. It will be the same chit different pile.

Comment

Oh well, you can extort a little more of the janitor's wealth and you'll be just fine.

What's the good of a culture of entitlement if you can't use it? Right?

Comment

What I can't understand is why bring in a corn duty if you intend to basically nullify it? And export Canadian jobs at the same time? Did some Liberal MPs need to get re-elected or something?
              Ol hoss: Are you a janitor? I asked because you seem to be really fixated on them! If you are and aren't happy with your lot in life, then cowboy up, get a job in the oil patch, work like hell and have all the money you might desire! Its called pulling yourself up by your bootstraps?

Comment

<i>"Ol hoss: Are you a janitor? I asked because you seem to be really fixated on them! If you are and aren't happy with your lot in life, then cowboy up, get a job in the oil patch, work like hell and have all the money you might desire! Its called pulling yourself up by your bootstraps?"</i>

What's this, janitor's shouldn't get subsidies? lol

Where are the "bootstraps" when you're whining about more subsidies?

Comment

Has anyone noticed, that Europe is pulling more and more together, while the 49th get's more protected every day? This is the biggest problem, the uneven playing field that, with 15 years or so of NAFTA, should be level by now, but no. The idiots in the US and Canada Government do not have sufficient sence to differentiate between a nations boarder and a trade boarder, sure, not all is good in Europe, our farming collegs are in difficulty there too, but one can travel now further through Europe without showing once passport then ever before and we will be finger printed if we go south.

Comment

ol hoss: I don't think I was ever whining about more subsidies? I do believe the government needs to create a level playing field though, whether they do that through tariffs or tax breaks or whatever? If they don't then agriculture will simply cease to exist in this country. This in turn will eliminate a lot of processing industries and suppliers of goods and services.
                    In the ideal world we wouldn't need any kind of support from our governments but the ideal world doesn't exist.
                    How does a corn producer survive when the competition in his own market is being subsidized? Maybe your argument should be with the American government instead of the Canadian farmer?
                    I find it incredible that people rip the Canadian farmer for asking for a level playing field. The fact of the matter is the Canadian farmer is subsidizing the Canadian consumer every time he goes to the grocery store!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...