• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Annie a crook?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Annie a crook?

Anne McClellan is claiming over $16,000 in expenses for ruined signs. Apparently there are limits on how much you can spend on signs and old Annie is maxxed out, but repairs are not included in the spending limit?
    The signs cost less than $16,000! In other words the repairs were worth more than the original signs! Someone sure must be trashing all of Annies signs...or else she is cheating on election spending? hmmm...I wonder which one it is?

I drive through her riding every day going to and from work and our office is in her riding and there are nowhere near as many signs this election. There are a few huge signs in the heart of downtown.

Comment

Well I hope you aren't suggesting the "right honorable member" is a crook?
      I wonder if the prison guards will still call them "right honorable"?

Comment

I have no idea if she is a crook or not, I am only stating that I haven't seen nearly as many signs as the last election. Mind you, her campaign headquarters last time was on Stony Plain Road so the entire area around it was plastered with her face. I haven't seen anything indicating where her campaign headquarters is this time. All I know is that there is a huge sign of her on the lawn at Nova Suites on 105th street south of Jasper and that is the only large sign I have noticed in that area of downtown....mind you I only travel to and from our office and over to the hotel after work.

Comment

I to drive through her riding each day and I have seen lots of damaged signs, espcially Sunday mornings.

Comment

Well maybe old Annie is being truthful then! Maybe her signs get trashed all the time?
            Might be a good idea to not allow signs at all if people are just going to trash them? Do signs actually do anything? Do they work?

Comment

Even in rural municipal elections the signage is getting very costly and extravagant. One candidate for Reeve last election in this county had 4x8 signs plastered all over the county. He even hauled one around in the back of his truck for three weeks....but to no avail !!!
              I don't think that voters with any common sense are swayed by signs, but in larger centres the name recognition may be helpful to candidates because many of the voters may not be overly informed about who is who until they get to the polls.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...