• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAISP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAISP

What a wonderful liberal program.
    Just opened my new years mail and a letter from CASIP says I owe 68,000 back to them for 2004 crop year.
    In 2004 we were froze out so bad that instead of 580,000 income my total crop and cropinsurance 210,000 now they want money back.
    My accountant says its done right I checked with anouther firm they to agree I checked it and some Women in CASIP who doesnt no any thing about farming says it is wrong.
    Liberals no how to create one thing thats Public sector waste. Create jobs in city and high priced buerocrats to run these corporations and make it seem to the public that they are doing some thing good for farmers. I wish they would break down the billion dollars to what actually goes to the farmer I bet we would be shocked.
    And finaly on the subject of Ralph Goodale my MP for years I talked to him about the problem with western agriculture and his answer was always we no best and dont worry my people are working on it.
    Well after 12 years they worked on it this spring land is renting for taxes and farm auctions are huge.
    thanks to the Liberals and Sask NDP oh they are really the same.

It would be very interesting to know how much the CAIS beuracracy costs...hope it isn't as pricey as the gun registry?
    Personally I liked NISA but I guess the feds felt it was working too well or something?
    I hope a Conservative government might come up with a fairly simple program that doesn't cost a fortune and gets the money into the hands of those who need it most. Hopefully one where we don't need a bean counter to do the math and collect a big fee?

Comment

My point in general is if a useless liberal gun registry blew 2 billion out the window I believe a useless CAISP is doing the same.
      THe apple doesnt fall from the tree.

Comment

Hi Saskfarmer

I don't spend a lot of time on here but I came across your comment. Unfortunately in 2004 many people have the same results of you. A lot has to do with what kind of year you had in 2003 and what you sold that production for in 2004. For example for every bushel of canola sold in the first 7 months of 2004 you would have received anywhere from a minimum of $8.00 to $9.60 for that production. Since CAIS uses a one price system to value your inventory change you only remove those sales at $5.94 (Sask Price). The potentially causes a $2-3 variance between what you sold it for and what you ultimately receive credit through the application process.

Some background on me is that I work with about 500 of these applications every year. I am also a corporate grain farmer and understand where you are coming from. My 2004 application did not generate a significant amount of money either, but I am satisfied with what 2005 has generated. The same may be true for you that your 2005 my pick up on the loss you incurred from 2004. From a cash perspective if you had a good production and quality year in 2003, your summer of 2004 was not that bad since you were selling off good quality grain at no so bad of a price. If you had frost in 2004 like my farm, there was not a lot of income being generated in the summer of 2005.

We explained this with a lot of our clients that this was going to happen and many are generating a decent payment on their 2005 application, even though their production was good in the 2005 crop year.

Hope this helps understand your question and comments. If not reply and I can go into more detail

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...