• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gilles Duccepe wins english debate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilles Duccepe wins english debate

he sounded like a real statesman with a reasoned and thoughtful responce to every question.
    really too bad he's only intrested in the future of quebec.
    Harper & Layton tied for second
    martin 3rd
    your thoughts

I agree, Duceppe came across the best! Maybe he should expand the BLOC into a national party?
    I thought Layton did well? Hit Paul with some good shots.
    Harper played it pretty cautious but came across pretty good. Could have done better.
    Martin came across as a used car salesman. His little "I love Canada" bluster might have fooled some of the people? I doubt it will play well in Quebec?

Comment

Harper's strategy is obviously to take the calm collected route which his party hopes will gain more confidence in his ability to be Prime Minister. He handled himself well when asked how he would govern. I thought the moderator was a bit to talkative, and I think the next round of debates has got to allow the four leaders to take each other on vs having all the questions come from citizens. Layton used the debate as an opportunity for free advertising ensuring that he kept plugging the 'vote NDP' message which I found disgusting, but then, I find him unbelievable at the best of times.

I watched a lot of the preamble programming and post programming last night as well, and even Mike Duffy seems to concede that Harper is doing well.

Harper is in Edmonton today, and hopefully he will be back there in ANNIE's riding close to the election !

Comment

Duccepe doesn't pull any punches...we need western provincial premiers like that!

Comment

...i agree on duccepe...let quebec look after its self if that is what the people of quebec want... i disagreed with his statement about western canada wanting in...i personally want out...personally i would like to see a vision of canada ran by our own distinct regional areas...with a whole lot less duplication of bureaucrats... i am in the minority right now but the federalist(who ever they are)cannot keep on pretending they know whats best for me and my family... as far i am concerned that is why canada will fail because we have been indoctrinated the past thirty years how govt will look after us...instead of taking the responsibility of how we can look after ourselves and our own families...in other words i want less govt...just my rant for the day...

Comment

It was interesting and instructive, but I suspect will be lost on the left, his comments on both nights about the 10,000 plus people who work, in ottawa, in the dept of health!! No one responded or defended this fact and of course no one mentioned that the vast majority of them MUST speak french!

Comment

Well according to the CBC polls Martin won with 32%, Harper second at 30%, Layton 14% and Duceppe 4%! So I guess I was completely wrong and at odds with the average polled Canadian!
              Duceppe said there were 10,000 people employed in the department of health in Ottawa...now I find that very interesting! If it costs $100,000 for each of these people(not too outlandish when you look at civil servant wages and other expenses) then we are looking at One billion dollars right off the top? For something that is a provincial responsibility? It really is time to get this out of federal hands and back to the provinces! I wonder how much more money is skimmed off the top in every other department?

Comment

Many of the senior beaurocrats will be making in excess of $100,000 when benefits are factored in !!!

Comment

Another funny thing that was said by smiling Jack Chow was when he scolded Martin for not giving away more of our cash to foriegn governments...he added, "Bono (the aging rock star) doesn't even like you anymore!!"

Jack and Martin are such jokes, they like the supremes ruling on "same sex" but deplore it on Health care??

Comment

So I wonder: If the supreme court ruled that private health care is okay, how is Martin going to keep them out? I too find it ironic that this great defender of the charter has a problem with this?
                    The dirty little truth was private health care had moved into Quebec in a big way but the Liberals were afraid to do anything about it...instead they delighted in attacking Klein whenever possible! Total hypocrites!

Comment

The issue that I get the biggest kick out of is Martin standing up and saying that 'we need to cut taxes so Canadians can keep more of their money'. I would think that any Canadian with a lick of common sense would ask themselves why in hell he hasn't cut taxes long ago, or recommended it when he was finance minister instead of shouting from the rooftops about it now !!!!

Comment

The thing I want to know is how the PM can say that it is stupid to give money to people to decide how to get child care to their kids, yet in the same hour he says that they will give big tax cuts because it is the right thing to put money in peoples hands to do with it what they want.

Which way does he want it? Is it illegal to ask questions of the PM? He sure has a free ride on stupid comments.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...