• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are you voting for and why?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the same as the election results for the appointed members of Alberta's regional health boards. Stockwell Day talks one way and walks another.

Comment

Perhaps when you write about elections you should be bold enough to explain just how those elections are handled. Including how the electoral boundaries where made (ineffective), the appointments (surely farmers can run their own marketing board), and the amount of money paid to those directors. I'm guessing your not even a farmer, so I can understand your lack of knowledge in regards to this issue. Now, to run down 'any' person seeking elected office, including Mr. Day, is your choice but perhaps you should try it rather than wait for an appointment. Just a thought.

Comment

Friend, would you care to reread my messages and decide whether any of your comments have any basis. I've been a farmer for fifteen years and my family have been farmers for several hundred years, if not longer. Only in Alberta for a hundred years though. I didn't say a word about boundaries, appointments, etc. only that the CARE coalition and the Alliance party should get their own house in order before they criticise the CWB. Are you suggesting Stockwell Day is above criticism? Will we all have to think alike if he gets elected? Jim Wright

Comment

On reflection, this conversation has got out of hand. I'll defer to 'Oilcan' Jim

Comment

So what has all those 'fifteen' years taught you about appointments? Suggesting that the election is purely democratic is a myth as long as oil, fertilizer and bank executives are appointed as directors. Has the price of fuel, fertilizer or bank charges been reduced by these appointed directors at the CWB? I understand your diatribe at the federal and provincial parties you mentioned. I even support some of your concerns but forgetting that farmers cannot have the mandate to improve the CWB without appointments is hypocracy. As a long time farmer of fifteen years do you support such appointments? Have these directors supported the farmers that use the CWB to market their crops? In what way?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...