• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tough company!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough company!

Unfortunately I have to deal with a certain Coalbed Methane Venture company more than I might like to! I have one of their wells on my land and I get some royalties off another well, not on my land. I also do some custom work for this company, through a contract with their joint venture partner and am locked in for another year.
    These guys are tough to deal with. Always looking for an angle to screw you! The EUB boys tell me they are about the worst company they have ever dealt with!
    It seems to me American companies, as a rule, are harder to deal with than Canadian companies? Encana(formerly Pan Canadian) is an excellent company to deal with, as is Apache? MGV and Petrofund are not. Be careful who you sign a deal with.

Be careful who you sign with? We don't get to pick the oil company that comes knocking on our door. And the regulatory people like the EUB who are supposed be making sure everything is done right are way understaffed.

Comment

I would venture to suggest that the EUB is far from understaffed, having in excess of 1000 staff !!! The problem is that the Calgary office of the EUB is packed to the rafters will support staff and no where near enough out in the field where they really need bodies !
      There are support staff to assist support staff in the Calgary office !

Comment

farmers son: Well I was talking about the contract deal not the drilling thing. However you must know you can make things very difficult for any company if you don't want to deal with them? Just don't talk money but insist on a whole bunch of ridiculous things until they finally get sick of you!
        Emerald: The people who are in the EUB, for the most part are excellent people! Now I don't know about the head office but the people who have to deal with the nuts and bolts? It has to be a frustrating job when they get little or no support from the government?

Comment

At least the EUB is partially funded by industry. The NRCB on the other hand gets no funding from industry but they also take the flak !!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...