• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

election promises?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

election promises?

The Liberals promised to scrap the GST and the free trade deal? They did neither.
    Now Ralph Goodale is promising some major tax relief as well as a chicken in every pot sort of thing? Will he deliver?
    Well he might...if the Liberals get a minority...but what about a majority? Will he need to keep his promises then?
    Fact: Quebec Liberals say they need more money if they hope to avoid the Frenchmen from leaving? Where will that money come from? Does massive spending on tax relief work in this situation? Does unlimited goodies for every man and his dog work?
    Maybe Alberta can "give" a little more...for the good of the nation? Read that, for the good of Quebec?
    I think every person who lives in "the Rest Of Canada" should realize this: All the promises made by the Liberals are conditional...based on the situation in Quebec! Once again the tail is wagging the dog!
    I think when the next Quebec referendum is announced, the federal government should say" Okay, we'll make it national! Everyone gets to vote! Do you want Quebec to remain in Canada?"
    I wonder what the rest of Canada might say?

"bon-voyouge" or something like that.

Comment

Goodale is promising to lower the GST by one percent immediately if the Liberals get elected, but didn't Cretien promise to scrap the GST altogether about a million Liberal election promises ago ???

Comment

It's Harper that is promising to lower the GST !!

Comment

The pundits at the CBC say the GST tax reduction is a bad deal. They say it would be better to lower the income taxes of middle class taxpayers. Martin basically said the same thing.
          Of course Martin had pledged $100 billion in tax cuts over the time he was in cabinet, and I don't know about you but I'm still waiting? Goodale recently pledged $30 billion in tax cuts...do we believe him? I do believe a 5% GST would bring in $8 billion less money? So an $8 billion tax cut? No smoke and mirrors where you end up paying more taxes like in Paul Martins schemes! A clear 2% reduction on everything you buy!
          Now of course Chretien and Martin had both promised to eliminate the GST before, but in the end had to renege on that promise...sort of like most of their promises? How long can you believe someone who has continually lied to the Canadian people? Can you believe anything the Liberals say?
          I really enjoyed Jack Laytons response: Canadians don't want tax cuts, they want better government services! Well Jack, sorry to dissappoint you, but not me!

Comment

I stand corrected, I did err in my comment about who promised to lower GST. I don't really care what the CBC pundits say about the election, all I want to see is positive platforms and no mudslinging, but I know thats far too much to expect even in the Christmas season. ( yes, it is still the Christmas Season to me, not just the HOLIDAY Season and I have a Christmas Tree not a HOLIDAY tree !!).

Comment

Gee emerald you really are an Alberta redneck!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...