• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ralph, at it again!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ralph, at it again!

Well I see Ralph Klein is doing his best to get Martin elected again! Is this guy an idiot or something?
    I thought Mackays answer when reporters asked him what the Conservatives should do about Ralph spouting off? His answer...Duct tape?
    I think the Alberta government should pass a law that Ralph can't travel east within six months of an election and that he has to keep his mouth shut for those six months!
    With friends like Ralph, who needs enemies?

Makes one wonder if the timing of Ralph's trip east was intended to stir the pot if nothing else. I agree, its time he learned to keep quiet about Federal election politics.
    I am embarassed that an Alberta premier who knows that anything he says about Harper would be front page news, would make any comment that could sway the election. Last time around it was health care that caused the pot to boil over as far as the Conservatives were concerned.
    Lord knows, Ralph has issues here at home that he could turn his attention to, having billions in oil revenue doesn't necessarily mean things are all rosy in the Alberta government !!!

Comment

Is he really a Conservative?? Does he have some deal to become a Senator with Martin if he manages to screw things up yet again? Brutal.

Comment

Well I doubt Ralph is going to the senate or has some devious scheme up his sleeve? I think he just doesn't think and shoots from the lip alot?
        He really does some boneheaded things but hey that is just Ralph!
        Now while I say that I will also acknowledge Ralph is a master at politics. His old down home boy image plays well with the rednecks and they keep electing him!
        I believe Ralph just runs with whatever he fancies and I suspect it drives all his little "prefectionist" handlers crazy! But make no doubt, he is the "show" in the Alberta Tories and is responsible for a lot of their success? I can't imagine anyone as bland as a Lorne Calvert or a Kevin Taft being the leader of Alberta?

Comment

And just who do you see among the leadership contenders in AB., that has much charisma ?????
          Ed is very quiet when he has his political hat on, Morton is another quiet thinker, Dinning is the golden boy of industry but I don't know how much 'down home image he has', and Oberg just likes to hear himself talk.

Comment

How about that council member from lethbridge that is now out of work and probably looking to get back into politics. Great charisma.

Comment

Somehow I cannot see Dar getting much support from Albertans !!

Comment

Oh just think of all the fun headlines there would be.

Comment

unfortunately when it comes to the future of the province or the country for that matter, sensationalism in headlines is what some of the public seems to focus on, vs paying attention to real issues, and electing people with integrity that will deal with them in a fair, transparent manner.

Comment

Ralph was just doing what a good liberal always does...and no one can suggest that he has ever been anything but a pretend conservative!
                    Any one who believes anything different has just had their head in the sand.

Comment

I don't know if Ralph is really anything in a political sense? I think he said it very well when he said "Show me a parade and I'll get out in front of it!"
                      Ralph would make a great used car salesman!
                      I suspect Dinning is a shoe in? He has pretty well positioned himself as a savy businessman who has the answers?
                      Whoever wins the next Tory leadership campaign will be the next premier.

Comment

The leadership race is going to be interesting, there could be a giant killer if Stelmach and the rest of the candidates get enough combined support to tip the scales against Dinning. There will be lots of jockeying around for promises of plum Cabinet posts you can bet !!!
                        I wish that Ralph would announce when he is going to retire within the next six months and then let the leadershop campaign in full force. We will be into an election within six months of a new leader being chosen and it would be very nice if it didn't happen the same time as municipal elections like it did last year. Municipal elections will be in October of 2007.

Comment

Emerald: I don't know if it really matters if the provincial and municipal elections overlap? Who bothers to vote in the municipal elections? I think in Calgary it was 22% of the population! Not sure in my own county but I think it was around one third of eligible voters! Well so much for democracy, I guess?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...