• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAPA

I posted this message in the Farm Management Forum but as that forum does not get much traffic I will paste it here too. As a former CAPA alumnist I can say that one of the immediate benefits of the CAPA program is that participants leave with a more optimistic outlook on their future in agriculture as they are provided with some insights and tools that give them a leg up. Optimism is a scarce commodity these days.
    Course participants leave the course with the basic tools they need to prepare a business plan for their operation.

The Competitive Advantage Program for Agriculture has room available for more participants. CAPA is the most comprehensive extension program that Alberta Agriculture offers.

The Competitive Advantage Program is an intensive 12-day experience that will help you understand the strategic planning process and provide you with knowledge, tools and support to develop and implement a strategic business plan.

As a result of the program you will be able to identify and build on your unique competitive advantage. The program will change the way you think about your business and the agriculture industry. (Sponsorship may be available from your local Agricultural Society.)

See: http://www.oldscollege.ab.ca/extension/ExtensionCalendar/CAPA.htm

This years program started yesterday and for the first time there are open spots still available.

To enroll call: Nancy Dorran
    Extension Services, Olds College
    1-800-661-6537, Ext. 4677

I would add that the cost of the program can be partly or entirely covered by a grant available through your local ag society.

Out of curiosity what is the approximate cost of this program? I know one guy who took it and he said it was really worthwhile.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...