• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgusted

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgusted

Yesterday I took a drive out to our pasture that is away from home.Back in the center I found three deer shot. A buck, doe and fawn. They had been skinned to the shoulders and the loins/ribeyes peeled off. The buck had half his head cut off to take the antlers.
    I was disgusted by the waste. Anyway the game warden met me there a couple of hours later and told me this was becoming more common in this area. He said he is actually swamped with calls of poaching this year!
    Now I don't care if people want to help themselves to a deer or two for meat. I don't really care if they have a licence or not, but I get pretty disgusted with some dog who just shoots everything and doesn't use the meat! I mean the loin/rib eye on that fawn wouldn't have been worth skinning it out?
    The game warden said there wasn't much he could do and of course he is right. Told me to keep my eyes open and give him a call if I saw anything suspicious. I said "Now do I call you before or after I hang these SOBs?"!
    He thought that was pretty funny!

There are always bad apples in a bunch, cowman, and what you are describing is fairly disgusting. It's also what gives hunters a bad name. Make no mistake about it, even serious hunters are disgusted by things such as this and they want to put a stop to it as well.

I make no bones about the fact that my spouse is a true-blue hunter - always has been and will be as long as he is able to. We eat whatever he brings home (okay I'm not particularly fond of deer, but will eat it).

The sad part is that there are fewer and fewer law enforecement people to monitor these types of actions, which means that they will enact laws to deal with the lowest common denominator. This hurts everyone, even the hunters who are respectful of property, abide by all hunting laws and make use of the animals for meat.

The public is also very important when it comes to reporting a poacher. The balance is to know who is poaching versus who is actually hunting in a law abiding way. They do have that "Report A Poacher" hotline you can call.

There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior and waste.

Comment

Linda: I have no problem with real hunters and I do realize that idiots like whoever did this tend to give them all a black eye.
      Report a poacher was the number I called to get the game warden.

Comment

I guess this is a little off what you brought to the discusion , but I was listining to the radio and do you know that you can be fined $230 for every expired pink slip in your vehicle, just thought that if the law enforcement people wernt catching criminals that dont clean thier glove boxes or do up thier seatbelts you know as for the game wardens if they wernt chasing natives there would be time to realy do some game checks. This yr there are a lot more treaty cards out there at least 15 I know of personaly people with as little as 20% native blood can get treaty cards now and hunt anytime and place and that keeps the Gamewardens busy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...