• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of Traffic!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you and I would both agree the province is not awash in oil royalties. However, that is the problem. They should be. By some estimates, Alberta is the fifth largest oil producing region in the world, some say seventh. Certainly one of the top ten.

Whether the royalties collected should pay Health Care premiums, pave highways in the cities or diversify the economy is up to the politicians to decide. And the oil companies are entitled to a profit. Still the province has a responsibility to collect fair and reasonable royalties for its oil and gas. And that is not happening.

Comment

I agree with you farmers_son. The government has taken the route of allowing resource development at a lower cost to ensure economic growth and employment but as you say it is not evenly distributed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...