• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving a Footprint

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emerald: Aren't kids weird? My daughter caused me all kinds of problems...sort of a chip off the old block sort of thing!...but way worse!
    However in the end she got her act together and gave me two really cool grandchildren, as well as becoming a nurse! Many times I despaired over her.
    Not a good feeling?
    I am very proud of her! She pulled herself out of a really cruddy life and became a decent human being!
    People need to find their own way. I don't know why some feel the need to do all this destructive stuff to find their way? But it is their way and they need to follow it? We can only be supporters and hope it all turns out okay?

Comment

In the end most kids return to the values and upbringing they had. I think that the most difficult thing a parent can do is sit back and watch their kids screw up their lives, the damn kids don't realize how much we care until they have kids of their own !!!
      My son lost his daughter four years ago to cancer at the young age of 20. He used to butt heads with her on a daily basis because they were so much alike. For a long time after we lost her, he beat himself up for being tough on her....said he saw his own shortcomings staring him in the face.
      I told him over and over that she always knew how much he cared for her, and knew she was driving him nuts at times, but she was a chip off the old block so what could he expect ???
      Your daughter is likely a wonderful mother and a very compassionate nurse....

Comment

Many of my friends tell me that kids show you what you need to work on in yourself. The issues that drive you crazy with them are probably the same ones that you have, to one degree or another.

I don't imagine that as parents you ever stop worrying about your children, no matter how old they get.

As for myself, it could probably be said that I put more than one grey hair on my poor mother's head. The one thing that I miss is being able to go over all that stuff with her now as she passed away almost 23 years ago. I believe she would be proud about how the "wild child" who would never conform and never stop asking those damnable preterbing questions has turned out. In her own wisdom and motherly ways, she decided to let me have the rope that I needed, all the while probably secretly praying (and saying a million hail marys) that I didn't hang myself too badly with it.

Good values can't be beat and if you're started with them, you eventually come back - no matter what bumps, detours and rumble strips happen to be along the way.

Comment

Linda,I am sure that the more mature we become the more we appreciate the things our parents told us and the examples they set for us.
          I am amazed at the interest my eldest son has in politics, history etc., those were things that both my parents paid close attention to, and passed on that interest to me....

Comment

On another note that does reference the title for this topic, the EUB in their wisdom has just reclassified 61 wells in our community as being critical sour wells.
            This means that for years these producing wells were treated as sweet gas wells when in fact they were sour wells, and none of the precautions that are taken with sour wells were in place. These wells are located in the settled areas of our county.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...