• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta...debt free?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some research: The actual average salary of a teacher with 4 yrs. education/11 years experience is $68,871 as of Feb. 2004! A new teacher, 4 years education, gets $43,548! Six years education/11 years gets you $74,146...of which slightly more than one third of teachers recieve!
    On the benifit side: The Alberta government pays into the teachers pension fund- $8595 every year/teacher. In 2003 they also picked up an additional $2018 giving the teachers a total pension benifit of $10,613!
    For the year ending in 2001 the cost per student,paid by the government, was $3937! Private schools in 2002 recieved approx. $2500, which was about 60% of the amount allocated for public schools, so that comes to a figure of about $4167?
    All facts from Alberta Education.

Comment

I see I was wrong on the $$$ statistics. I'm most definatly not a teacher, and I find it highly doubtful that I was 'brainwashed' by the leftist education system and media we have in Canada. I also don't subscribe to the notion of Providence. I do what I do, I do it well, and I help those around me. Let me be judged.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...