• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Tomato of 2023

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Tomato of 2023

Those who enjoy that toasted garden tomato sandwich, which tomato do you like best?

Brandywine is our winner by far here.

Yes they are by far the best and Nantes for the carrots
    I could live off of toasted tomato sandwiches!

Comment

Cherry tomatoes. I think I could live forever without ever eating a big tomato again if there were always cherries around.

Haven’t found a variety that’s better, cherries are all yum.

Comment

Only had two tomato pots on the deck this summer/fall for snacks while grillin'.

One pot was a cherry type, "Sweet Million" and one was a g**** type, called "Red", both were indeterminate, so grew taller than I'd like,,, but the upside was that they just kept producing till mid Oct.(our first frost this fall was Oct 20th) The Sweet Million were incredible, both in yield and flavor.
        In the garden, we had "Beefsteak" of course, but also enjoyed "Primo Red" and "Manitoba"(least favored this year of the three)

I think the warmer summer helped in producing some of the sweetest tomatoes we've ever grown.

Comment

I was helping in the garden this fall and I reached down and grabbed a tomato and ate it like an apple, I’ve never done that before, I’m pretty sure I haven’t eaten an whole apple since I was 7, I just might try one again, beef and potatoes is where it’s at!

Comment

I sure miss those sandwiches 😞

Comment

Primo red here were the favorited. Big and round and nice tasting.
              Almost lived on toasted bacon and tomato sandwich's this fall!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...