• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meals in the Field

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meals in the Field

Hello

What are you favourite meals to have in the field?

Any help is very appreciated!

Thanks
    Louise

Tonight we had spareribs with cranberry, sour cherry sauce, creamy dill garden potatoes, cauliflower and corn, dessert was watermelon with coconut zuchini loaf.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      Tonight we had spareribs with cranberry, sour cherry sauce, creamy dill garden potatoes, cauliflower and corn, dessert was watermelon with coconut zuchini loaf.
      Those are some lucky combiners, they probably go to work just to eat like that.

Comment

Nothing. I dont eat in the field. Still have nightmares of my mother driving over swathes chasing the combine.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
          Nothing. I dont eat in the field. Still have nightmares of my mother driving over swathes chasing the combine.
          Generally eat whatever i find in the combine leftover from last yr.
          Rock hard clif bars... 1/3 gatorade that still has some flavour..
          And if im lucky, maybe a smartie or 2 that fell between the seat and the seatbelt bracket....

But in all seriousness..
          Tim hortons
          Burger baron
          Or if someone is in the big city

Papa johns or kfc.
          Sushi on my birthday this week.

Favourite was always when my grandmother used to bring a plate with tinfoil cover... and it was sort of spilled onto eachother making a big " goulash".
          Reminds me of a scene from " Grandmas boy " ( its an absurd Adam Sandler production) where the grandson is all sorts of high and hits his grandmas fridge and finds the 12 different leftovers...
          " i dont know what you are, but i will eat you"

Comment

Wife makes a casserole with layers of hamburger onions potatoes rice and tomato soup. That’s popular around here. My father never liked stopping for supper but he’d also quit at 9. I prefer to stop and eat in the field an hour before dark so we can check over things and go till it gets tough or it’s late. Can’t burn the candle at both ends.

Comment

Bbq Steak and shrimp, corn on the cob , oven roasted new potatoes and carrots one day to celebrate low pea yields

Comment

Great noon meal, sandwiches, raw veggies, g****s, tomatoes, and COFFEE ON THE GO rest of day. Stops to temp gun bearings, oil chains, pee breaks of course. Sit down supper/drinks if tough early. Usually too tired to eat by 10pm. Constant conversations on 2 ways radios. All good.

Comment

WTF is wrong with saying g r a p e s?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    That sounds amazing!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...