• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada reports worst wildfire season on record — and there's more to come this fall

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    The research I posted looks at global trends. You posted data from only one country from 1980 to 2000
    I guess that confirms that you are not only unwilling but also incapable of reading any data.

There are obviously more than 20 bars on the chart as it covers 1980 to 2021 with the lowest year being 2020 as shown in the original posting.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
      I guess that confirms that you are not only unwilling but also incapable of reading any data.

There are obviously more than 20 bars on the chart as it covers 1980 to 2021 with the lowest year being 2020 as shown in the original posting.
      I'm sure it is a complete coincidence that the source Chuck is referencing happened to cherry pick the start date for their data as 1959. Which as per the chart above of US forest fire area burned, indicates 1959 as the lowest point in the last century.

Wonder why they didn't use all the data available, the data which indicates the long-term down trend.

What's even more amazing, is when you consider how many more acres of forest there are in the US now compared to any time since colonization. More acres of forest, yet less acres burn.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Yes, we really should look at forest fires over longer periods of time. Not cherry pick one season in one country .

[ATTACH]13138[/ATTACH]

Meanwhile, the US is having one of their lowest years ever for forest fires. It seems you cherry picked one region of one country in one season and attributed that to climate change. That looks more like anecdotal evidence and personal opinions than science to me.
        Good point
        Just because the entire western and NW US had a colder and wetter than normal winter with tons of snow does not mean a use age coming tomorrow. People with one ounce of common sense should see both sides . But the chucks are completely blindsided or willing accomplices to the current agenda being pushed by the UN .
        It will fail long term , more people are realizing the gig is up ….

This is all about wealth redistribution, has been from day one

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Yes, we really should look at forest fires over longer periods of time. Not cherry pick one season in one country .

[ATTACH]13138[/ATTACH]

Meanwhile, the US is having one of their lowest years ever for forest fires. It seems you cherry picked one region of one country in one season and attributed that to climate change. That looks more like anecdotal evidence and personal opinions than science to me.
          Do you think over that time period from 1926 there might have been a change in the resources in the US used to fight fires? Naw. That would have never happened? LOL

That's why you have experts do the analysis who understand the complexity of the issue.

Warmer and dryer because of climate change equals more frequent and intense forest fires.

Comment

Do you think over that time period from 1926 there might have been a change in the resources in the US used to fight fires? Naw. That would have never happened?

Warmer and dryer because of climate change equals more frequent and intense forest fires.
            I am genuinely surprised to see you acknowledge the massive role fossil fuels have played in mitigating the effects of extreme weather. Those old horse drawn water bombers just weren't nearly as effective. The same is true with virtually every other extreme weather event, cheap plentiful reliable fossil fuels have reduced loss of life and property from all types of extreme weather.

Then you really shocked me again by bringing up the record warm and dry conditions during the 30's which resulted in the spike in forest fires as indicated on the map. I thought you were supposed to pretend the climate cycles which brought those conditions, then the subsequent cooldown don't exist, only the hockey stick model?
            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Aug 28, 2023, 08:52.

Comment

We have a climax forest where we live. The last fire that ripped through here was in 1916. The forest consists of trembling aspen, balsalm poplar, spruce and has pockets of pine and swampland. Trees only live for so long and then they die. Where it was once easy to walk through the trees, it now is nearly impossible. The forest is probably overdue for a fire. Something I have learned from living in the forest for over 40 years is that I have a lot of faith in nature and nature will survive. I am hacking back nature every year in my yard, on the edges of fields. It would not take long for nature to cover this place up. If I look out any window, I see nature. If you look out any window and see concrete you have no clue.

Comment

Do you think over that time period from 1926 there might have been a change in the resources in the US used to fight fires? Naw. That would have never happened? LOL

That's why you have experts do the analysis who understand the complexity of the issue.
                Your right Chuck. Fire fighting has changed big time over the years.
                The whole thing now runs like every other thing that government "Experts" who have done the analysis come in to manage.

Living near the end of the road I know lots who have worked fires. From the fire boss,water bomber pilots,chopper pilots,equipment contractors,to the guys from the rez and the camp cook.
                They all have the same story.
                Last week I asked a friend that has a logging operation if he put equipment on fires.
                He described it perfectly.

"NO! I used to when we worked 24 hrs. Went to camp when the fire was up in the trees in the day and worked all night when it was down on the ground. Now they can't leave camp till after the safety meeting. About 10:30 am they go out with the fire up in the tree tops and everyone has to be back in camp by 5:30 or they miss supper."

If you work fires you have to be prepared to be a government employee and take everything that goes along with it.

Operates the same as the Trans-Mountain pipeline.
                Lots of government experts have that refined too.

Comment

So basically chuck is admitting taxing the air like BC has done for 19 yrs has no effect on climate.

Or it only works if Alberta and Sask do it too, but not china.

50 yrs ago a guy like chuck would be admitted for electric shock therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    So basically chuck is admitting taxing the air like BC has done for 19 yrs has no effect on climate.

Or it only works if Alberta and Sask do it too, but not china.

50 yrs ago a guy like chuck would be admitted for electric shock therapy.
                    Actually a RUBBER room in a STRAIGHT jacket, siting on the floor with SHITTY pants!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      Actually a RUBBER room in a STRAIGHT jacket, siting on the floor with SHITTY pants!
                      And rocking the baby

Comment

Do you sometimes wonder if Chuck believes every word he says?
                        Is he really as unintelligent as he conveys?
                        What experiences or lack thereof would lead to such a condition?
                        What does he gain from his position and what from using Agriville?
                        Or is it simply an unpleasant, underexposed personality with a free soapbox?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Do you sometimes wonder if Chuck believes every word he says?
                          Is he really as unintelligent as he conveys?
                          What experiences or lack thereof would lead to such a condition?
                          What does he gain from his position and what from using Agriville?
                          Or is it simply an unpleasant, underexposed personality with a free soapbox?
                          I had a great uncle who would argue black is white and white is black just for the sake of being hard to get along with. He too was a committed card carrying communist and unionist.

That was back in the days when a soapbox was hard to come by. Now, any anonymous keyboard warrior who can afford to pay their internet bill has a virtually free soapbox to share whatever nonsense diatribe they want.

I doubt these types are any more common than they once were, but they now their 15 minutes of fame can last forever.

And those of us who engage are guilty of providing the soapbox. All we have to do is stop responding, and it will be the equivalent of kicking the soapbox out from underneath.

Comment

Your great uncle sounds just like my brother-in-law, ignoring him for 20 years actually works, he’s actually someone who I can make a little small talk with, don’t ever get past the small talk but that’s just fine!

Comment

Yes we all know this type of person...basically everybody avoids the SOB, no intelligent conversations are possible. An absolute contrarian to each and every topic. Never able to admit they are WRONG!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                                Yes we all know this type of person...basically everybody avoids the SOB, no intelligent conversations are possible. An absolute contrarian to each and every topic. Never able to admit they are WRONG!
                                As was proven by the colin thatcher post when he started to argue with himself after everyone agreed with him

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...