• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to Canada, the land of free roads, cheap gas – and the world’s least fuel-eff

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford lightning is about 2500 pounds heavier than the F 150 gas. Free road is a total myth.

Comment

I kinda already knew the answer…..

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        I kinda already knew the answer…..
        It's not only road safety, but also infrastucture.
        Engineers are sounding the alarm about the extra weight on parking garages, overpasses, bridges, etc. They weren't designed with the additional weight in consideration.
        So we can add the upgrades to all of that infrastructure to the cost of upgrading the grid and electrical service in every home and business, and the generation capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
          I was thinking compared to semi's and bigger trucks. But no I don't know the wieght of EV's compared to gas and diesel vehicles of same size.
          Not always easy to find the weight of gas and EV in the same models. As an example I tried to find the weight of the new 2024 Chevrolet Blazer EV. Weight is not available. A 2024 Hyundai Tucson SEL trim in a gas version weighs 3342 lbs., retail price in the US, $30735. A 2024 Hyundai Tucson PHEV plug in electric weighs 4902 lbs., retail price in the US is $39810. Info of off Edmunds.com. Electric version weigh 46% more!!!!

Comment

Chuck2, your complaining about there being very little tax on gasoline. In your future world of all electric cars, how will the road tax be payed? Electric cars weigh model to model 40-50% more!!!!
            Last edited by Hamloc; Jul 20, 2023, 07:16.

Comment

A phone that you can hold in your hand does way more than a computer that took 1000sq ft room to fit into 50 years ago.I expect battery technology is going to take leaps and bounds in efficiency in the next few years.

Comment

They better hurry on , it was ment to be too late allready

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                  A phone that you can hold in your hand does way more than a computer that took 1000sq ft room to fit into 50 years ago.I expect battery technology is going to take leaps and bounds in efficiency in the next few years.
                  You are a carbon copy of chuck. This is his solution every time someone points out a problem in the here and now. Some yet to be developed pie in the sky technology, defying the laws of physics and economics.
                  Have you considered merging your two accounts into one in the name of efficiency? You both sing from the same hymnal.

Comment

Try using "expect" with the banker on a payment plan for a loan and see how far it gets you. Probably is another word used many times by the battery bunch.
                    Last edited by binthere; Jul 20, 2023, 17:47.

Comment

Garbage , Batterys are getting worse , 15 or 20 years ago Tractor and veichle batterys lasted way longer than they are now

Comment

Garbage , Batterys are getting worse , 15 or 20 years ago Tractor and vehicle batterys lasted way longer than they are now

Comment

I always expect you to acknowledge reality , but you never do ?

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                            Garbage , Batterys are getting worse , 15 or 20 years ago Tractor and vehicle batterys lasted way longer than they are now
                            I'm not sure that has anything to do with the batteries themselves. The amount of parasitic drains on newer trucks and equipment keeps increasing with the added electronics. New batteries seem to last just as long in older equipment without electronics.

And lead acid batteries have little in common with Li-Ion batteries.

Comment

The article Chuck2 cut and pasted was all about the need to raise the road tax higher on gasoline to pay for roads. There is no road tax on electricity. Switching to EV’s will make the problem far worse. What is the solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                                The article Chuck2 cut and pasted was all about the need to raise the road tax higher on gasoline to pay for roads. There is no road tax on electricity. Switching to EV’s will make the problem far worse. What is the solution?
                                While at the same time there will be even more need for even higher road tax to pay for the increasing damage from the increasing weight of the electric vehicles.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...