• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware regenerative agriculture

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware regenerative agriculture

Yesterday I saw a billboard in Edmonton touting the benefits of (RA) regenerative agriculture. I think we are at the beginning of the end if it's not stopped. This is an outdated practice, Stalinist collectivist communist ideology that will end with destroying farms and farmers. It is supported by the Globalists and the pedophile eugenecist central bankers who want to decimate populations.
    Show me the data outlining the superiority of RA over mono-crops or intensive agriculture, (at present these are the best methods of feeding the world); sure it may be better for the environment like solar might be better for reducing CO2, but people are going to starve--that is abundantly clear.
    We need to stand and take issue with this subtle dangerous direction the globalists are trying to steer the non-farming types into. The movement is growing. When the economy collapses, the mobs will come for your farm and your life.

Holy smokes.

Superiority over monocrops or intensive ag?

Species diversity, soil health, resilience (against drought, flood, pests, weeds), input costs (usually)

RA won’t typically compete with yield. If yield is your only standard, you’ll think RA practices are ridiculous.

For people that chase the “Feed the world” BS, they’ll spit on RA, but if you have some other concerns besides yield then researching various RA methods can be extremely beneficial.

This would make a good Meme. Tell me you know nothing about regenerative ag without telling me you know nothing about regenerative ag.

Ag is never about one thing at the exclusion of another. John Deere or NH; crop or livestock; chem or till; many people can make all sorts of methods work.

Comment

Well bring it on , it will collapse the ag industry as it is , tens of thousands of jobs , grain handlers , grain buyers , input suppliers , thousands of bank jobs , fuel suppliers , machinery dealerships, all support staff for them …….. and I am sure I missed many many other jobs .
      I would go re gen , not being on this tread mill would be nice , getting gouged at every turn , then watch crop die before our very eyes

But the net effect on the economy would be disastrous, but if that’s what these clowns want that will be the case

Comment

Why would the whole industry have to be extreme regenerative?

It’s never been entirely intensive.

It can be both and everything in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
          Why would the whole industry have to be extreme regenerative?

It’s never been entirely intensive.

It can be both and everything in between.
          Depends on how much they want to push this policy and continue to force this green agenda . With the current federal politics at play , I guarantee that’s the end goal. They want to slash everything modern ag , that fully evident.
          Sure it may be “voluntary “ but dont think for a minute they will not make it so increasingly difficult to farm as we are , we either will be forced out or regen . That’s the end goal of all of this

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
            Yesterday I saw a billboard in Edmonton touting the benefits of (RA) .
            Was it this ad. This one was in WEM. Dairy farmers down with the net zero agenda.

Regenerative ag here means going back to 1/3 pulse. 1/3 cereal and 1/3 chem fallow.

Maybe you havent notice but the powers that be dont give a damn about starvation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nz1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	775334

Comment

Two completely separate issues being intertwined.
              An authoritarian power hungry government full of know nothings with an anti human,anti capitalist agenda, such as the examples here on this forum who think only they know best how we should run our businesses, in spite of the communist/collectivist top down, rule by decree model having failed spectacularly in every single instance in world history.

Then we have two complementary systems of growing food. One of which requires more inputs, the other of which requires more land area to grow the same product. Both of which have many of their own benefits, which can cross pollinate.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 13, 2023, 00:11.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Was it this ad. This one was in WEM. Dairy farmers down with the net zero agenda.

Regenerative ag here means going back to 1/3 pulse. 1/3 cereal and 1/3 chem fallow.

Maybe you havent notice but the powers that be dont give a damn about starvation.

[ATTACH]12904[/ATTACH]
                Dairy farmers are price setters not price takers as most other farmers are, and they are protected from having to compete with the lowest cost producers in the world. So they can afford to attempt to buy social license with whatever hairbrained scheme and advertising campaign they want, and pass the costs on to the unwitting consumer.
                The rest of us do business in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Depends on how much they want to push this policy and continue to force this green agenda . With the current federal politics at play , I guarantee that’s the end goal. They want to slash everything modern ag , that fully evident.
                  Sure it may be “voluntary “ but dont think for a minute they will not make it so increasingly difficult to farm as we are , we either will be forced out or regen . That’s the end goal of all of this
                  Can’t take what the gov is saying and tar Regen Ag with it though. One of the key tools in RA are hooves on the ground. Livestock.

I’ve yet to hear the gov, or any “top” environmental guru, say they’re promoting livestock use. They want the numbers cut down.

Sustainable is losing its freshness after being vomited at us for years so now they’re going to try and campaign under regenerative. Doesn’t mean it has anything to do with actual regenerative ag.

Comment

AB5(Price Taker?)

Hard working generational Family Farms making a living, contributing to local economies, filling rural schools, sports complexes, kids are in 4H, etc etc.

Have friends in dairy, they work their assess off, have great businesses, and give back to the area.

If they want to post billboards, why is that of any concern of yours, you've admitted to taking consumers money.
                    Last edited by foragefarmer; Jul 12, 2023, 19:59.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                      AB5(Price Taker?)

Hard working generational Family Farms making a living, contributing to local economies, filling rural schools, sports complexes, kids are in 4H, etc etc.

Have friends in dairy, they work their assess off, have great businesses, and give back to the area.

If they want to post billboards, why is that of any concern of yours, you've admitted to taking consumers money.
                      Sorry, I assumed you had heard of supply management.

Comment

They are guaranteed to get paid well for their hard work and dedication, that’s a huge difference

Comment

Haven’t heard from the dairy guy from around Caronport on here lately, I kinda remember him talking about making a great living on 50 cows, without the government protecting the dairy industry 50 cows won’t pay much for bills and sure won’t put kids in hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                            AB5(Price Taker?)

I'm not sure why I bother replying to your strawman arguments. I didn't say anything about dairy farmers not working hard, or contributing to the community, and they are free to use billboards however they see fit. I had the pleasure of dating the daughter of a dairy farmer, and helping out, I know exactly how hard they work.
                            As for your last concern, can you name a business which doesn't take consumers money? I believe that is the entire premise of being in business. Otherwise, it is known as a charity. The difference being that the Canadian consumer does not have any choice in the dairy aisle. They can buy expensive supply managed Canadian made dairy products, or expensive supply managed Canadian made dairy products.

My point is that Canadian dairy farmers are not competing in the world market. If they believe that they need to buy social license by playing along with the climate alarmism, and it adds 20% to their cost of production, while dairy farmers in the rest of the world do not bear this burden, it will not affect their ability to sell their products and to be profitable. The formula the supply management system uses to calculate price will add 20% to the price consumers ultimately pay. There is no dairy export market to compete in, since our COP is completely uncompetitive in the world market thanks to supply management. And there is almost no imports to compete with, thanks to protectionism, so the consumers cannot vote with their wallets if they don't agree with paying for virtue signaling climate pet projects by dairy farmers.

Conversely, if cattle farmers for whatever reason need to take the same measures, and it adds 20% to their COP, they will be completely unable to compete in the world market, so with only the domestic market left, most beef farmers will go out of business without the export market. Without the protectionism that the dairy farmers enjoy, Imports will continue to come in, and consumers will have the choice of voting with their wallets, and will choose the cheaper identical product which doesn't cost significantly more thanks to climate change lunacy. Making the remaining producers unprofitable, no matter how hard they may work.

Comment

AB5

Glad you got all that common knowledge fluff off your chest, but how did you arrive at the 20% COP increase number for Dairy farmers?

It's to bad it didn't work out for you regarding the dairy girl, maybe you wouldn't be so envious of Dairy Farmers if it had.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...