• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 Billion CEBA.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll play devil's advocate.
    The Chinese have been heavily subsidizing battery production, and rare earth mining/processing, and have gained control over many of the deposits and production steps outside of their borders as well.
    They use these subsidies to undercut the rest of the world. Which has successfully driven most other producers out of business, or driven them to move production to China. Same with solar panels etc.

If you consider EV's or renewable energy to be critical industries, and don't want to be reliant on a hostile foreign country, then the only way to attract the business back onshore is to out-subsidize not only the Chinese, but also the US who is currently competing to attract these businesses with massive subsidies. This is the only way to break that monopoly. The private sector can't afford to lose money competing with the Chinese subsidies and their virtual monopoly.

If you agree with the above, then this is a good long term investment in our long term security.

If you happen to understand physics and economics and electricity generation and grids and the limits of resource extraction, and consumers, and therefore can comprehend the severe limitations of, and limited eventual market share of EV's etc., then all of the other assumptions prove to be false.

Comment

Ah ***
      Don’t bring details, physics or science into this *** EV fairy tale ?
      Chuck types can’t handle reality

Comment

If we consider ourselves to be at economic warfare with China.
        One really great way to pull the rug out from under China economically, now that they have wasted billions in subsidies acquiring a monopoly in batteries, solar panels, and the associated raw materials and processing, would be to abandon the fools errand we are on, and embrace nuclear, or natural gas, or hamsters on hamster wheels etc.

Let them have their monopoly and vast investment in infrastructure in these fields, and remove the subsidized/mandated market for their products, which never had any utility or economic/environmental case to start with.

It really would be that easy.

It would be like convincing your neighbor to go all in on buying ostriches, elk, etc. wait until they have invested every penny into the pyramid scheme, then erase the market (which never actually existed in the first place) with regulations, and buy out their assets at pennies on the dollar, and put them to use growing something productive instead.

Comment

I wouldnt look to the chinese as a guide on anything. This is all just a big grift slash scam.

Canada will never compete with chinese production unless we are mandates to drive the canadian version of this loser concept.

The woke in Ontario cant figure out that their auto jobs will be obsolete long before O&G are replaced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	evv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	775235

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            I wouldnt look to the chinese as a guide on anything. This is all just a big grift slash scam.

Canada will never compete with chinese production unless we are mandates to drive the canadian version of this loser concept.

The woke in Ontario cant figure out that their auto jobs will be obsolete long before O&G are replaced.

[ATTACH]12788[/ATTACH]
            I can understand the appeal of electric cars in China's big cities.
            They have an actual pollution problem where the air is so thick you can see it. Not to be confused with our non problem of cars emitting plant food.
            So when they put electric cars on the road in a city, and power them by a coal fired power plant in the middle of nowhere, it makes the actual pollution someone else's problem instead of the cities.
            It has nothing to do with saving the world from plant food.
            And the electric cars are still an environmental catastrophe, when you consider the amount of energy and resources that went into creating the disposable cars.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              I can understand the appeal of electric cars in China's big cities.
              They have an actual pollution problem where the air is so thick you can see it. Not to be confused with our non problem of cars emitting plant food.
              So when they put electric cars on the road in a city, and power them by a coal fired power plant in the middle of nowhere, it makes the actual pollution someone else's problem instead of the cities.
              It has nothing to do with saving the world from plant food.
              And the electric cars are still an environmental catastrophe, when you consider the amount of energy and resources that went into creating the disposable cars.
              Yep , you are right
              It’s the same miracle as how wood chips (from a living C02 breathing tree in northern Sask become “green”) (but only to a climatard) when cut with a diesel faller buncher , hauled across Canada in trucks and trains and pelleted using natural gas , then across the ocean in a diesel burning ship . Unloaded in Europe using a diesel crane ,back onto trucks or trains . Shows how utterly stupid this horse shit is ?

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
                I think it was silly ( as farmer) NOT to take the loan. I got it... paid it off the next day. Boom done. 20k. Needed it. Used it.
                No problem. We all take crop insurance and that program is excellent and is so incredibly subsidized by both federal and provincial govt. Anyone who complains about the ceba loan and stands on their soap box because theyre the " adult in the room" and can " pay for their own stuff" YET takes crop insurance? = hypocrite.

My issue with it was the oversight. Absolutely absurd. Also..all the people that got the 2000$/ month for 10 months and then had to pay back half of that because the previous year they only made 10 k? I mean.... what did you think was going to happen?
                You summed up this whole scam of a program in your post. You took the loan boom paid it off the next day , because you “needed it”. Sure looks like you needed it with 40000 sitting around just to get your 20000 free play money. I bet lots of business that actually did need it didn’t have that luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
                  You summed up this whole scam of a program in your post. You took the loan boom paid it off the next day , because you “needed it”. Sure looks like you needed it with 40000 sitting around just to get your 20000 free play money. I bet lots of business that actually did need it didn’t have that luxury.
                  There is no free $20,000 for anyone, govt will get that back, just like they did with all the ag special programs.

They didnt hire another 50,000 CRA agents for nothing.

Imagine bragging about $20,000 when the govt is probably ready to claw your lifetime CGE and slap more regulations on your business.

These are the same folks who cheered about getting a few hundred dollars a week to shutter their business, stay indoors and then kickoff double digit inflation.

Comment

Can't understand why TOM hasn't weighed in on this thread, not even a "LIKE" showing up.

He usually has a religious rant on anything to do with any form of Federal Government involvement.

It's even Sunday today, when he's always on top of his game.

Sure would like to hear a scripture regarding CEBA from you Tom, especially since it's the Lord's day.

Lot's of chatter from Libertarian AB5 tip-toeing around the subject, but still hasn't stated whether he participated or not in Trudeau's free $20k program or taken a Cash Advance.

He does like that Crop Insurance is subsidized by the government for him though.
                    Last edited by foragefarmer; Jun 25, 2023, 06:38.

Comment

The irony and hipocrisy from the usual suspects is piled in deep layers on Agrisilly.

Much like the "alternative facts" and rightwing bullshit that goes with it.

Some routinely complain like hell about government overspending while filling out forms to apply for their share whether they need it or not.

And some of them are pretty sure that everyone else who doesn't share their certain political views are lazy and don't want to work and are just looking for handouts!

And since it is Sunday something for "righteous" Tom to consider; "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" John 8:7

Comment

You guys need to go fishing

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          They are. Trolling is a type of fishing. Unfortunately, their bait just doesn't seem to work, and every time, they go fishing, they end up being the ones taking the bait.

Comment

CC constantly casting stones, oh holy one.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Some routinely complain like hell about government overspending while filling out forms to apply for their share whether they need it or not.
                              I don't feel any shame for taking the money.
                              I see it as getting some of my own money back before the current government spends it on one of their pet projects that has nothing to do with governing the country.
                              If it is sitting in my account he can't spend it or gift it to some Bullshit cause that has nothing to do with us.

When I put this topic up I knew as farmers it would turn into a who deserved it and who didn't.
                              Yet virtually no discussion on giving $30 Billion to offshore companies to build battery plants.
                              2 companies get $30 Billion and 900,000 small Businesses share this.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                The fish aren’t biting down south, it’s no use bringing bait.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...