• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emergency evaluations…

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re right, Chuck.

Comment

a few years back i remember reading an article from down US , their was a huricane , a guy headed to area with a load of generators , seen it as good buisness oportunity , charged a bit more than normal price , people were buying them mad , guess what some drunk on power government clowns diecided to put a stop to that , cant have sombody profit from situation , so insted basements flooded and food rotted in freezers , people were so mad laws were changed , government has its place but not to become tyrants

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        There was an official from one of the counties on the news that said a private citizen in a bulldozer pushed through and knocked down some trees and their local fire crew had to run to get out of the way. A dangerous situation.

His message. Efforts to fight fire must be coordinated and individuals and citizens fighting fires must come under the authority of fire crews and their management to prevent dangerous situations like this from happening.

Fire crews and authorities have often praised the efforts of volunteers and landowners to help fight fires when it was safe to do so in a coordinated effort.

But as we know the small number of anti government libertarian types in Alberta don't respect authority, nor will they follow the laws of the land in the emergency management act if they don't agree.

They like Tom, often come with a long list of unrelated conspiracies and political grievances. You have to wonder if they think that they are the only ones in their communities that matter?

If Danny Smith wins the election do you think she will change the emergency management act and give up the power to enforce mandatory evacuations? I doubt it.

So good luck arguing that citizens can do what ever they want in a flood or a fire emergency.
        True enough. Wonder though if the cluster f at Fort Mac left a bad taste and fear in people’s psyche and they thought taking extraordinary measures was warranted. It’s like working cattle. Sometimes “help” is worse than no help. Though if it’s your property in danger and you have the means to bring in dozers then by all means.

During the Fort Mac fires my relatives were dozing out fire breaks and it got so bad they had to be airlifted out. They got back in a week or so later and nothing got burnt but still scary. More fire fighting is done moving dirt and knocking bush than with water.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
          You’re right, Chuck.
          I hope you realize that that causes a short circuit?
          There is nothing in his playbook relating to responses when someone is civil or agrees. So there will be no pre-programmed response. I have tried it over and over again. It's as predictable as an LOL at the end of every sentence.
          There couldn't be a clear sign that he is only here to be antagonistic, not for a discussion or to learn anything.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            There is nothing in his playbook relating to responses when someone is civil or agrees. So there will be no pre-programmed response. I have tried it over and over again. It's as predictable as an LOL at the end of every sentence.
            There couldn't be a clear sign that he is only here to be antagonistic, not for a discussion or to learn anything.
            That’s my goal.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              That’s a definition of a troll. His Criminal Minds MO was explained perfectly. I’ll give someone credit when I think they’re right even if they are mostly disagreeable. Some folks are wired in series or parallel but some got the cables on backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                That’s a definition of a troll. His Criminal Minds MO was explained perfectly. I’ll give someone credit when I think they’re right even if they are mostly disagreeable. Some folks are wired in series or parallel but some got the cables on backwards.
                he is AC and DC - just stuck in a Pride closet with no BIfold ... Let's Own Lugers...

Comment

Suppose he's really an AI app. Learning algorithms growing while reading our responses. It's a real thing. Becoming indistinguishable from a person.
                  Ya you're right, he'd have been recognized defective much sooner.
                  Libertarian Albertans. LOL. Licensed Official Labeler.......
                  Leave Our Life.

Comment

Thanks Blaithin for your support.

And of course the subjects of some of my criticism are not going to like it.

The response if posters disagree with me is to explain why and make your case.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      Thanks Blaithin for your support.

And of course the subjects of some of my criticism are not going to like it.

The response if posters disagree with me is to explain why and make your case.
                      err mate shes taking the mickey bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
                        err mate shes taking the mickey bliss
                        There was a recent post noting his complete lack of self-awareness. I suppose he saw the need to reinforce that deep notice.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Suppose he's really an AI app. Learning algorithms growing while reading our responses. It's a real thing. Becoming indistinguishable from a person.
                          Ya you're right, he'd have been recognized defective much sooner.
                          Libertarian Albertans. LOL. Licensed Official Labeler.......
                          Leave Our Life.
                          AI chat bots are becoming increasingly more sophisticated as the technology improves and gains more knowledge. I heard of one such chat bot unleashed upon the web with no fail safes which ended up becoming a right wing extremist before shutting it down. Political bias can be programmed into such things, and every response given to it, it learns even more. Who knows maybe lentil and Chuck are bots on both sides of the coin. Even so with the rise of chat gpt which is low end AI you can use it to find articles supporting whatever opinions you have and even have it craft a response for you. I’ve been on enough ag related forums and the typical trolls and lunatics get punted for being outright terrible actors or spewing bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                            That’s my goal.
                            like the colin thatcher incident
                            Got him arguing with himself lol

Comment

RCMP are make several arrests on arsonists in Alberta . Hopefully they lock them in prison for a long time .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                RCMP are make several arrests on arsonists in Alberta . Hopefully they lock them in prison for a long time .
                                I wonder if these are connected to the climate activistsin California a while back who were starting fires in the name of climate change trying to prove wildfires were caused by climate change?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...