• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emergency evaluations…

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 'debate' you crafted and enflamed.
    Next time, ignore like we try to do you.

Comment

I’m busy today so don’t expect more than this…

But wtf did the Emergency Act come in to play?!

We’ve gone from mandatory evacuations to state of emergency to now we should want the Emergency Act invoked?

Gtfo.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        A 'debate' you crafted and enflamed.
        Next time, ignore like we try to do you.
        Huh? BP, did you not read what Tom wrote in his manifesto against government authority? Including County officials who live in the counties affected.

Here it is again. Does what he said sound fair and reasonable? Not really. He rambles on about all kinds of grievances totally unrelated to the fires and the current emergency.

So who inflamed the discussion again?

"The Pandemic has brainwashed some in authority… it happened in High River flooding…

When outsiders, “Professional paid authority figures “ lose sight and fail to comprehend the reality of why citizens choose danger over being cowardly… that our communities were built on neighbours helping each other to survive for millennia… our civilization has been brainwashed into accepting the defeat of freedom, liberty, and the faith in God and Loving each other.

When assisted suicide…. Gender reassignment… BLM riots… Trudeau calling demonstrators treasonous and seditionists… domestic terrorists for pointing out breaches of civil rights and freedoms… with armed intimidation and incarceration….

We as Canadians need a long… sober look at where our civilization was subverted and deceived.

Prayers and blessings…. Our governments have become so arrogant and laden with academic overburden… the “civil service “ being the largest employer in the whole society… we are by default now a communist society… deficits…. UN democratic votes … as property rights are smashed by bullies who confiscate by the tyranny of the majority.

Interesting times… the “government” is incapable of saving any one. We by our choices , can choose to save ourselves… with tenacious work, hearts that are understanding and charitable… free to stop evil and greed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
          I’m busy today so don’t expect more than this…

But wtf did the Emergency Act come in to play?!

We’ve gone from mandatory evacuations to state of emergency to now we should want the Emergency Act invoked?

Gtfo.
          The Province and some counties have already declared a state of provincial emergency over the fires. The power to enforce mandatory evacuations falls under the act.

It has nothing to do with the Federal emergency act.

You can read the full act at the following link:

EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ACT
          https://kings-printer.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/E06P8.pdf

Powers of Minister in emergency
          19(1) On the making of the declaration and for the duration of the
          state of emergency, the Minister may do all acts and take all
          necessary proceedings including the following:
          (a) put into operation an emergency plan or program;
          RSA 2000
          Section 19 Chapter E-6.8EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ACT
          (b) authorize or require a local authority to put into effect an
          emergency plan or program for the municipality;
          (c) acquire or utilize any real or personal property considered
          necessary to prevent, combat or alleviate the effects of an
          emergency or disaster;
          (d) authorize or require or make an order to authorize or require
          any qualified person to render aid of a type the person is
          qualified to provide;
          (e) control or prohibit or make an order to control or prohibit
          travel to or from any area of Alberta;

(f) provide for or make an order to provide for the restoration
          of essential facilities and the distribution of essential
          supplies and provide, maintain and co-ordinate or make an
          order to provide, maintain and co-ordinate emergency
          medical, welfare and other essential services in any part of
          Alberta;
          (g) order the evacuation of persons and the removal of livestock
          and personal property from any area of Alberta that is or
          may be affected by a disaster and make arrangements for the
          adequate care and protection of those persons or livestock
          and of the personal property;

(h) authorize the entry into any building or on any land, without
          warrant, by any person in the course of implementing an
          emergency plan or program;

(i) cause the demolition or removal of any trees, structures or
          crops if the demolition or removal is necessary or
          appropriate in order to reach the scene of a disaster, or to
          attempt to forestall its occurrence or to combat its progress;

(j) procure or fix prices or make an order to procure or fix
          prices for food, clothing, fuel, equipment, medical supplies,
          or other essential supplies and the use of any property,
          services, resources or equipment within any part of Alberta
          for the duration of the state of emergency;
          (k) authorize the conscription or make an order for the
          conscription of persons needed to meet an emergency
          Last edited by chuckChuck; May 14, 2023, 09:01.

Comment

Yah I can read. Between my lines was a suggestion. U took his bait. I'm not taking yours. Happy seeding.

Comment

CC…

Fair and balanced…

Trust but verify…

You intentionally missed the 85% who work along side private citizens… with respect and good will…

Cheers

PS… Hitler, Stalin, Mao,… Biden, Trudeau, Putin, Ty…

Over half of the policies and objectives were building communities and civilization…

The Arrogance and deception that tore apart… tortured… and atrocious actions… that occurred … when government over rides civil rights and freedoms… intentionally demonizing those who would stand tenaciously with out fear… against tyranny and evil.

CC… taking statements out of context and for political purposes… intentionally intimidating those points of discussion for folks… to consider….

“Emergency Evaluation “ is required in a free and democratic society… without civil right and freedoms…. A free and democratic civilization is impossible… as the tyranny of the majority who vote… destroyed Nazi Germany… The Soviets… The Chinese communists who killed tens of millions… of humanity who were murdered… in the name of the democratic majority. Martyrs fighting for humanity, freedom… and civil communities.

Civil Servants…. Who choose tyranny… are evil…. This is the issue.

Blessings and Prayers
              Last edited by TOM4CWB; May 14, 2023, 14:51.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                The original debate was about whether counties and the province have the right to mandatory evacuations during fires, floods and other disasters.

Under the Emergency Act they clearly have that authority and even more powers. And as far as I can tell there are only very few people who think they shouldn't have that authority to put public safety first.

And none of that stops citizens and landowners from volunteering to fight fires and work with all the organizations on the ground doing the same as long as authorities including local county firefighters deem it safe to do so.
                If you’re going to lecture people you should use the correct terminology.

A rhubarb pie is not the same as a rhubarb strawberry pie, although I’m sure you’d argue it is.

Comment

Emergency act or Emergency management act? That is the question? Hardly.

Tom is living under a dictatorship apparently and the civil servants including the UCP minster and his staff, emergency workers, police the paid fire fighters and managers are all evil?

And the fires keep burning and evacuations keep happening because the weather is terrible and there are not enough fire fighting resources to go around.

And the biggest issue is whether or not mandatory evacuations to protect the public are justified or not?

I don't think so.
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; May 15, 2023, 07:00.

Comment

No, that’s not the argument.

But keep saying it anyway.

Comment

What is then?
                      Last edited by chuckChuck; May 15, 2023, 07:01.

Comment

Is the strawman nickname not going to stick?
                        When losing an argument, chucks first rule is always to deflect and try to force the other side to defend something they have never claimed in the first place.

Comment

What is then?
                          I’d recommend going back and reading the points in this thread, they aren’t terribly complex or subtle. If you can’t figure it out after 4 pages I’m not sure I can put it any more simply for you.

Comment

This is the thing. I as well as Chuck live in Saskatchewan. Chuck is farther from the border than I but I choose to refrain from this discussion as I don’t live in Alberta but have family there fighting fire. Speaking from a Saskatchewan perspective forestry here in my general area got really lax with fire prevention over the years. Fireguards on forest boundaries once were maintained regularly but now have been allowed to grow over. Whether they would be any use if maintained is another question but it’s an example of a general neglect of forest management and not a governing party issue as both are responsible for it. Saving grace for forestry land is grazing which keeps fuel load down where possible. If you view your forest as a resource you will maintain as such which means taking measures to do what fire does without a fire. If you view it as nature be prepared for regular fires and realize trying to stop it is foolhardy and goes against your idea of nature. Pick your poison but you can’t have it both ways.

Comment

What is then?
                              CC….. mandatory vaccination…..

Perfect example….

Same civil rights and freedoms were attacked…

If humans didn’t get the Covid vaccination they were called “treasonous seditious Nazis. “ PM Trudeau clearly took the Emergency Evaluation to force Emergencies Act to intentionally deceive Canadians to vaccinate or lose their jobs and homes… in t process… destroying many businesses their communities…. While big box stores laughed into Billions of $$&$$$ more profits.

If I choose to stay on my farm and fight to the death to protect my community…. That must be my right and anything less is tyrannical evil.

Government Emergency Services…. Can assist us when they have the resources available…. When we choose to abandon our farmstead and community… that must be the decision of the farmers and community.

Blessings CC…. We fight against principalities and powers…. Physical matters are but a limited portion of our lives and problems.

Praying for rain and safety!

Comment

There was an official from one of the counties on the news that said a private citizen in a bulldozer pushed through and knocked down some trees and their local fire crew had to run to get out of the way. A dangerous situation.

His message. Efforts to fight fire must be coordinated and individuals and citizens fighting fires must come under the authority of fire crews and their management to prevent dangerous situations like this from happening.

Fire crews and authorities have often praised the efforts of volunteers and landowners to help fight fires when it was safe to do so in a coordinated effort.

But as we know the small number of anti government libertarian types in Alberta don't respect authority, nor will they follow the laws of the land in the emergency management act if they don't agree.

They like Tom, often come with a long list of unrelated conspiracies and political grievances. You have to wonder if they think that they are the only ones in their communities that matter?

If Danny Smith wins the election do you think she will change the emergency management act and give up the power to enforce mandatory evacuations? I doubt it.

So good luck arguing that citizens can do what ever they want in a flood or a fire emergency.
                                Last edited by chuckChuck; May 16, 2023, 07:39.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...