• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Solar and Wind generation reduced electricity costs in Alberta?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

The system will pay for itself. Imagine if all farms did the same?
    Isn't that funny, I have been asking you that very same question for years now. What happens if all the users tried to produce all of their annual electricity needs with solar? You still think any of the systems would pay for themselves? Do you think that production would be worth anything while the Sun is shining?
    I did the math in a previous post, I don't remember it now, but everyone would likely be producing in the order of 20 times their consumption during summer hours when the sun shines. And there is no where to store it. And expecting to buy it back in the dark in december. Can you see any problem with that math?
    I'm glad to see that all of my prodding has finally convinced you to consider this question. Please get back to us with the answer.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 5, 2023, 17:21.

Comment

Wholly shit too much cheap electricity? That seems like a good problem to have if you are a consumer. Your own supply of cheap electricity and maybe a battery or EV to store it! No doubt that would be a disaster waiting to happen! LOL

Imagine the other uses.

Heating, cooling, compressing air for turbines, making steel, aluminum, making anhydrous, ammonia, hydrogen, irrigation, mining, charging EVs and grid batteries, pumped hydro and lifting mass.

The potential list goes on and on.

A5 Dont worry about the problems we don't have. Focus on solving the ones we do and leave the management of the electricity supply to the utility managers to figure out.

Comment

All those buried gas lines sure look great today. Who is de-icing the solar panels and windmills today.

Guess the EVs stay parked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	774840
        Last edited by jazz; Apr 5, 2023, 17:59.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Wholly shit too much cheap electricity?
          Well, you got one thing right, that electricity and produced by solar when everyone is trying to produce their entire annual needs will be very cheap when the sun is shining. In fact free doesn't even begin to describe how cheap it will be.
          As for the rest of your post, because we are supposed to be being more polite I won't say what I was going to say about your intellect.
          You really don't see the problem here? Explain who is going to pay you for your solar production when everyone else is also trying to sell their excess solar production?

Comment

My condolences to Quebec, hope you’re not too cold.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...