• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trudeaus Canada .. with the NDP blessings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trudeaus Canada .. with the NDP blessings

Enjoy winter
    We have way more than enough gas and oil for hundreds of years , wth is going on already .

"Nothing good ever came out of Alberta"
    Couple that with 3 generations now of just flipping a switch or cranking a dial. Ask them where food comes from.
    Ain't cold enough yet.

Comment

Chrystia Freeland speaking in Washington this week: “Canada must — and will — show similar generosity in fast-tracking, for example, the energy and mining projects our allies need to heat their homes and to manufacture electric vehicles. I cite these examples because, critically, friendshoring must be green. The curse of oil is real, and so is the dependence of many of the worlds democracies on the world’s petro-tyrants.”

I never thought of oil as a curse. I remember many conversations with my Dad talking about life before electricity, before natural gas heating. Before fertilizer and herbicides were available. When he was a teenager in the late 1930’s he made money hauling lump coal. He talked about shoveling the coal into the basement, how much work it was. How when he got up in the morning there would be ice in his glass of water by the bed. How black he would be at night after a day of working summerfallow on the old W6. People who consider oil a curse and all the modern conveniences and the quality of life it has given us have no appreciation of history!!

Petro-tyrants? German energy policy choices allowed Russia to be in the position they are in. Is China a solar-tyrant? They control over 80% of the manufacturing of solar panels and over 90% of the supply of silicon wafers? Who has the greatest ownership in the world of critical metals for building EV batteries? China, they control 80% percent of global raw material refining capacity! Yup oil is definitely the problem!!
      Last edited by Hamloc; Oct 15, 2022, 08:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        Chrystia Freeland speaking in Washington this week: “Canada must — and will — show similar generosity in fast-tracking, for example, the energy and mining projects our allies need to heat their homes and to manufacture electric vehicles. I cite these examples because, critically, friendshoring must be green. The curse of oil is real, and so is the dependence of many of the worlds democracies on the world’s petro-tyrants.”

I never thought of oil as a curse. I remember many conversations with my Dad talking about life before electricity, before natural gas heating. Before fertilizer and herbicides were available. When he was a teenager in the late 1930’s he made money hauling lump coal. He talked about shoveling the coal into the basement, how much work it was. How when he got up in the morning there would be ice in his glass of water by the bed. How black he would be at night after a day of working summerfallow on the old W6. People who consider oil a curse and all the modern conveniences and the quality of life it has given us have no appreciation of history!!

Petro-tyrants? German energy policy choices allowed Russia to be in the position they are in. Is China a solar-tyrant? They control over 80% of the manufacturing of solar panels and over 90% of the supply of silicon wafers? Who has the greatest ownership in the world of critical metals for building EV batteries? China, they control 80% percent of global raw material refining capacity! Yup oil is definitely the problem!!
        That's a lot of steps to Washington and back, good for her, fitness is important.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
          That's a lot of steps to Washington and back, good for her, fitness is important.
          Yes, I'm sure she literally walked the walk, while talking the talk, and used no fossil fuels during this trip.

But how could she possibly fit into her famous dresses too tight unless they had elastics, which last I checked were made with synthetic fossil fuel derived products?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Enjoy winter
            We have way more than enough gas and oil for hundreds of years , wth is going on already .
            I'm sure glad we have an abundance of hydro here in Manitoba, which is very cheap compared to what other provinces have to pay.

Comment

Glad I have plenty of wood to choose from to burn.

Comment

I am not a fan of Trudeau, but I would rather live in his country than Danielle Smith's Alberta. She reminds me of the bugs bunny cartoons, loony tunes that is. She will end up the shortest tenured premier in Alberta history. Trudeau is incompetent but she is dangerous.
                Last edited by agstar77; Oct 15, 2022, 12:44.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                  I am not a fan of Trudeau, but I would rather live in his country than Danielle Smith's Alberta.
                  Do you care to elaborate on that statement?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                    I'm sure glad we have an abundance of hydro here in Manitoba, which is very cheap compared to what other provinces have to pay.
                    Manitoba accrued a debt more than 120% of its GDP to put in that so called cheap hydro. Last time I checked interest rates have doubled.

So how cheap is it forage.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221014_053304.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	773920

Comment

I am not a fan of Trudeau, but I would rather live in his country than Danielle Smith's Alberta. She reminds me of the bugs bunny cartoons, loony tunes that is. She will end up the shortest tenured premier in Alberta history.
                        You apparently have a serious problem with your view of the world in my opinion!!!!! I didn’t vote for Danielle Smith for leader but I am beginning to warm up to her. There is no doubt in my mind I would chose Danielle Smith’s Alberta!!!!!!

Interesting, you added to your post after I posted. Again Trudeau is 10 times more dangerous to my way of life than Danielle. But I am certainly interested to see how you think Danielle is dangerous and Justin Trudeau isn’t?!?!
                        Last edited by Hamloc; Oct 15, 2022, 13:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                          You apparently have a serious problem with your view of the world in my opinion!!!!! I didn’t vote for Danielle Smith for leader but I am beginning to warm up to her. There is no doubt in my mind I would chose Danielle Smith’s Alberta!!!!!!
                          But she’s “dangerous”. Trudeau? Well, he’s not dangerous you see.

Comment

I am not a fan of Trudeau, but I would rather live in his country than Danielle Smith's Alberta. She reminds me of the bugs bunny cartoons, loony tunes that is. She will end up the shortest tenured premier in Alberta history. Trudeau is incompetent but she is dangerous.
                            Dangerous? Elaborate please. Thanks.

Comment

Danielle is guilty of speaking before she thinks but far from dangerous but I suppose for the fearful she would be scary. Ralph said a lot of off the cuff remarks as well but his record fared substantially better than the prairie mice and swamp rats which filled premier positions of that era. In that same time I was always amused with the perpetually scared and Dudley do right types common line would be I don’t like the ndp but gosh I don’t know about the Sask party. You knew full well they were hard core ndp voters and wouldn’t admit it. In fact no one would admit it but looking at polls you knew damn well who did. Funny though Sask party voters wouldn’t be that evasive. It was just weird almost as if people were embarrassed and didn’t really want to but feared into they might lose something if the government changed. NDP did a great job of stoking fear like that of the leader of a Potemkin village.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...