• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric vehicles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Are you plugging it into your neighbors outlet, and letting them pay the power bill?
    Not sure how else the 14 hours of charging is free?
    Or do you have a current bush to plug into?
    Moses’ burning current bush like someone’s perpetual motion machine 🐔🐔

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      And when my hired man can buy a used ev for $2000 and keep it running with spare parts they have arrived.
      That's the part of the whole plan that I don't think is recognized.

If the mostly run out EV only has 50km range how are the people running the 200k+ on the odometer going to get around.

Will a large part of society go back to the 50's where you never went more than 20 miles from home?

Used to be a gas station every 6 miles along the highway. Now charging stations?

Comment

Never been, but I see a little bit of Cuba in our rural future, or Mad Max.
        Especially when public transit is promoted for all.

Comment

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/international-business/article-gm-maps-a-slow-rollout-for-its-affordable-ev/

General Motors Co GM-N +1.95%increase
          said Thursday the Chevrolet Equinox, one of the least expensive of its new generation of electric vehicles for North America, will go on sale in the fall of 2023 priced above the company’s $30,000 target.

The car, which shares the Equinox name with a gasoline-burning Chevrolet compact utility vehicle, is one of three new EVs GM has said it plans to launch that season for the brand in North America.

GM Chief Executive Mary Barra has focused on the Equinox as an “affordable” electric SUV with a starting price of about $30,000, less than half the starting price of Tesla Inc’s Model Y.

In a statement, Barra said the Equinox showed GM could offer electric vehicles “at nearly every price point and for every purpose.”

However, the first electric Equinox will be a limited edition 2RS model with an estimated range of 300 miles priced above $30,000, Chevrolet said. The $30,000 1LT version will be launched later.

The electric Equinox models will be assembled in Mexico.

Comment

And the negative nellies on Agrisilly said it couldn't be possible to have an EV at an affordable price! GM is about to prove them wrong again. LOL

Sounds like the Equinox EV will be a third of the cost of a loaded up pickup truck. The preferred over priced, over marketed, luxury vehicle of well off farmers and city dwellers. Whether they need one or not.

Comment

Chuck, your comprehension skills are lacking
              The article says they couldn't achieve the $30,000 price tag. That it will be more than that, with no clue how much more. And as usual for your "evidence", the promised 30,000 vehicle will be at some unspecified time in the future.

I ask again, do you ever exist in the present time, or only in future hypothetical scenarios, or in far outdated studies?

Comment

Good to see EVs became affordable finally, as they would.
                The price of popular vehicles is demand driven.
                I've always been thrifty out of necessity myself.
                But what's always troubling is your desire to determine what others need.

Comment

My comprehension is good but yours seems lacking. "The $30,000 1LT version will be launched later" But that's not good enough? LOL

Never said anything about forcing anyone to choose an EV. Consumers are lined up to buy them and can't find them, even at the sky high prices.

But it must be disheartening for the Oracle of Alberta to see EVs become affordable even though he said that would never ever happen. Never is a long time!

Comment

Chuck, bookmark this thread. Then in the future, when GM is selling their $30,000 electric SUV, you are welcome to come back and prove me wrong. And I will humbly accept that I was wrong, and apologize.

Every time I pick on you, I give you an out such as this. What it would take to prove me wrong. This should be so easy on your part. This is the difference between ideology, and knowledge. i know what it would take to change my mind.

Countless examples, and you never do meet the challenge.

Comment

30 k my butt.
                      Can't buy a used vehicle for that.
                      Plus GM LOL...

Comment

We all enjoy making fun of Chuck and his anti science rants.
                        But he is in good company, and when you read and listen to what other climate cultists say, you can understand where Chuck gets his delusional beliefs from.

Such as the Australian PM stating that Aussies can use the solar panels on their roofs to charge their electric cars at night. And I will bet that there is a significant portion of the population who believes that this is possible.

And these people are making energy policy that affects us all. What could possibly go wrong when the leader thinks we can use solar power at night?

Comment

He’s a absolute dill but in his defence the PM corrected himself about 30 seconds later realizing his mistake, you need batteries with your soak system of course.

Just on that batteries are expensive at the time 5 to 10 k

But the govt would subsidise it errr so of course battery suppliers Jack the price up…..

Anyway I ummed and arrred about solar system was gonna be 30k all up for my house hindsight wish I did it two reason grid power gone up but solar systems have doubled in price which has lead to many things.

One solar companies going bust cause people can’t afford new systems. Two govt hasn’t worked out a new tax yet to help situation. 3 a electric vehicle tax is going to have to be implemented some time to replace fuel taxes.

People complain about increasing costs of solar systems, the greens reply it’s just keep pace with fossil fuel price increases and manufacturing costs due to rise in electricity and gas and lithium for home batteries.

Can of worms catch 22 my head spins

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...