• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest shootings in U.S.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    I'm hoping all the likes regarding your post were directed to the seriousness of mental health issues so many young people are suffering from.

But, based on postings on my Happy Canada Day thread, I thinking excitement was generated just on you mentioning the USA winning the war of 1812.
    Imagine a Canada that threw off the colony identity. Not suggesting better.
    Possibly less tolerant of being dictated to by an unconnected, distant ruler. Western Canadian history is full of not much more than just that.
    We may blame 1812 on our long lines of transportation, but who do we blame for the long reign of the CWB? Resource management, or Laurentian elitism, still prevalent today? Would Quebec have all it has today if the outlier provinces didn't have an eat shit and smile attitude for so long? Some of us are still acting like subjects.
    US history may be bloody but it's decisive and they darn sure wrote it themselves.
    Had Riel had the population and resources of the CSA how would it look today.
    I know I'm Canadian and I'm definitely okay with that, cant change it anyway.
    A broader understanding of North American history by others would however make for more stimulating conversation.

Comment

If the border ran north to south instead of east to west I’d be fine with that but what do we do with comifornia?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...