• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roe v. Wade

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I normally would avoid this topic, there is no middle ground. I don't expect anyone has ever changed their mind. And I'm not passionate about it enough to have a public opinion on the matter. Not sure there is any right and wrong answer.

Only thing I want to add to the discussion is this.
    From my naive point of view, I suspect that many if not most abortions are probably related to drugs and alcohol. Either impaired judgment initially resulting in an unwanted pregnancy, or the realization that a baby may end up as fetal alcohol syndrome or similar.
    I just can't quite understand how that many people could end up in a situation where this is their only option otherwise. Given all of the much easier options available, and the level of education on this topic provided in schools.
    Are there any stats to back that up? Or am I out to lunch on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
      No one is forcing you to have a vaccination! That is your choice. Yes there are some things you will be unable to do if you are not jabbed at this time, but those things are not rights. Flying is not a right, travel is not a right. A specific job is not a right. Your choice if you reuse the jab.
      Ok, so lets apply that logic to women that get abortions, maybe they should be barred from certain activities in society. I mean their irresponsibility led to the death of a innocent child. Maybe they should repay their debt to society by funding their own abortions. Remember when it was suggested the unvaxxed pay for their health care.

Dont even try dml, you are already turned inside out in your logic. Ending a life is not a right and after covid, neither is bodily autonomy.

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Given all of the much easier options available, and the level of education on this topic provided in schools. ?
      Maybe we could have our education system skip the residential school guilt trip and the drag queen story time and teach our young adults real responsibility and put the morning after pill in everyones pocket. JHC who is the person that carries a baby for 6 months and then gets an abortion. Thats someone who has no business ever having kids.
      Last edited by jazz; Jun 25, 2022, 20:58.

Comment

No one is forcing you to have a vaccination! That is your choice. Yes there are some things you will be unable to do if you are not jabbed at this time, but those things are not rights. Flying is not a right, travel is not a right. A specific job is not a right. Your choice if you reuse the jab.
        Like keep your lifelong career, see your kids play sports or other activities. Go see your parents at LTC homes , be restricted from many other things in life , many were forced to get the jab … absolutely for the majority
        Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 25, 2022, 21:51.

Comment

It was the literal definition of coercion.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            If your a parent..how can you support abortion?
            As a parent, IMHO there is nothing more cruel and abusive to a child than being raised unwanted and unloved, likely in poverty, and possibly with physical impairments as the result of other bad decisions made by an unwilling mother.

The best such a child could hope for is to be dumped into an already overburdened fostercare system and maybe be adopted. And while such an adoption may provide a loving home, there will always be a part of the child knowing it had been abandoned not only by the mother, but even more so by the father who, more than likely, bore no emotional, financial, or physical responsibility for that roll in the hay. Hell, he might even be revered by his friends for his "quest"

Morality cannot be legislated. And who am I to judge anyway. The abortion decision should between the woman and her God. It is he who she must answer too in the end.

Comment

Roe v Wade was ruled on in Jan 1973 to protect the rights of women to have an abortion.

Now the angry old rural men are using the Covid vax mandates as their comeback for their anti abortion stance.

Hell of a comparison guys.

Comment

I will never understand the logic of some people. So you MIGHT be unloved unwanted, killing you is better for you? Think about what you said.

Wife was adopted from what ever the birth mother situation was...

So you would have killed my wife just because her life MIGHT have been shitty?

As a result my sons and grandsons would not exist....

You guys are a piece of work.

And a woman's decision between her and her god?

Sorry if aborting is even an option, you have NO god.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                  Roe v Wade was ruled on in Jan 1973 to protect the rights of women to have an abortion.

Now the angry old rural men are using the Covid vax mandates as their comeback for their anti abortion stance.

Hell of a comparison guys.
                  Alot has changed since 1973..

Comment

The same people who are often pro life are often times the same people who are opposed to sex education in the classroom.

So the idea that birth control will solve the problem, ignores the fact that many people don't get good advice or information on birth control. sex and human relationships.

Of course effective birth control is the best option, but there are lots of people who wont use contraception.

The catholic church is opposed to contraception along with many fundamentalist religions. In this day and age that is ridiculous.

The reality is women have unplanned pregnancies for a variety of reasons including sexual assault and in relationships with irresponsible young men who use women for sex.

Case in point the young woman who was gang ****d by some of Canada's U18 national hockey team.

One of the players has consensual sex with an inebriated young woman in a hotel room and the POS invites his team mates over to have a go.

And Hockey Canada wants to cover it up because some of the players are now in the NHL!

They settled with her out of court and there were no criminal charges! And Hockey Canada says they don't know who the players are? WTF? This will ruin a few hockey careers. And so it should.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      I will never understand the logic of some people. So you MIGHT be unloved unwanted, killing you is better for you? Think about what you said.

Wife was adopted from what ever the birth mother situation was...

So you would have killed my wife just because her life MIGHT have been shitty?

As a result my sons and grandsons would not exist....

You guys are a piece of work.

And a woman's decision between her and her god?

Sorry if aborting is even an option, you have NO god.
                      So why do you need a mythical entity? The point is her mother made the decision not the state.
                      Last edited by agstar77; Jun 26, 2022, 08:15.

Comment

Morality cannot be legislated. And who am I to judge anyway. The abortion decision should between the woman and her God. It is he who she must answer too in the end.
                        The costs of abortion are socialized, there fore society definitely has a say in this. Trudeau just invited american women to get abortions up here on our dime. (after they get vaccinated).

If the decision is a womans alone, then so is the burden. They pay for it. And then they pay for the reproductive services when they are finally ready and need a battery of tests or IVF to finally conceive in their late 30s.

And no, men should not get off either. If the woman decided to keep it, then a paternity test and legal commitment by the father should be part of the deal. And also, maybe the state should give women without the means some funding to help sway the decision. I mean if we can send $100B a week to Ukraine, I am sure we can give a baby bonus to any mothers who decide to carry to term.

The morning after pill is effective up to 8 weeks. Chemical abortion. At 20 weeks, the fetus will fight the abortion instruments. This is ghastly.

When did safe and rare become abortion after birth. This all needs to be put back in the bottle. Gave an inch they took a mile. Now its abortion on demand. Thats nuts.

I just read in the US its a federal offense punishable by prison term to destroy a bald eagle egg. OMG

And where is that male birth control pill. Still in studies. Maybe give it to Pfizer or Moderna to fast track. Or just get another dose of the vaccine and sterilize yourself.
                        Last edited by jazz; Jun 26, 2022, 09:17.

Comment

As a parent, IMHO there is nothing more cruel and abusive to a child than being raised unwanted and unloved, likely in poverty, and possibly with physical impairments as the result of other bad decisions made by an unwilling mother.

The best such a child could hope for is to be dumped into an already overburdened fostercare system and maybe be adopted. And while such an adoption may provide a loving home, there will always be a part of the child knowing it had been abandoned not only by the mother, but even more so by the father who, more than likely, bore no emotional, financial, or physical responsibility for that roll in the hay. Hell, he might even be revered by his friends for his "quest"

Is that your “conservative heritage” speaking again?

Comment

abortion is an industry that rakes in billions a yr... but guys like chuck want to keep there mnra vaccines in good supply so they will support the selling of fetal tissue and stem cells to the highest bidders

Comment

So your answer is to destroy the life before they themselves could have a say if there life is worth living? That is FAR more cruel IMHO.

100% agree on your last statement tho.

Comment

humans are not animals , if they are old enough to be doing IT they shud be inteligent enought to know how to not get pregnant , inocent baby shud not be murdered because people dont use their brains
                                Last edited by cropgrower; Jun 26, 2022, 16:45.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...