• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canada A Real Country?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
    Would it be a fair guess to say that 50% in the small area produce all of the C02 that Canada emits and those of us that sparsely inhabit those large hinterlands are sinking for the rest of the world?
    To extract resources, you need infrastructure. To build infrastructure, you need capital. To get capital you need investors. To get investors, you need less regulations. To get less regulations you need the proper political environment.

Much of the north is under defacto native control. So its safe to assume not much will be happening in those areas.

We are just damn lucky so much of our wealth is already under the prairies where our forefathers eeked out a living.

There will probably be only one more major infrastructure play in our lifetimes and that will be to churchill.
    Last edited by jazz; Oct 10, 2022, 09:23.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Stunning how much of Canada is uninhabitable. Its all rocks and shield and trees and mountains and tundra.
      And cold, you forgot to mention that most of it is uninhabitable due to climate.

What would be a real benefit for a cold northern country such as this, is a few degrees of warming, could move that red line up by a few miles increase the arable land area, become more attractive to immigrants and investors. Make it cheaper to build and maintain infrastructure, lower the cost of living in a cold climate.

If only there was some simple control knob that we could adjust to improve the climate.

Comment

There is ....TAXES, but will go the wrong way....COLDER! Who wants it COLDER?

Comment

Given the overwhelming evidence that putting canuckistan into the dust bin of history is the right thing to do, way is AB exit (and/or AB+Sk exit) mired down? One problem I see is that there are too many folks here making a living off the various gubmint scams. Green energy being a major one. I have sent messages to my MLA and the new Premier on the need to rid AESO (Alberta Electrical System Operator) of green loons but have yet to hear a reply.

Comment

It's more ruminating about how bad Canada is from the Canada is a shithole club!

Its the disease of those who can't accept change.

If Crypto Poly gets elected, and its a big if, will Crypto Polly change much? Not likely.

He supports immigration and the LGBQT community and a lot of social programs and he will have some kind of plan regardless of how effective to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. All bad news for the so cons, pro lifers and flat earthers.

I predict the complaining about how bad Canada is will continue. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              It's more ruminating about how bad Canada is from the Canada is a shithole club!

If Crypto Poly gets elected, and its a big if, will Crypto Polly change much? Not likely.

He supports immigration and the LGBQT community and a lot of social programs and he will have some kind of plan regardless of how effective to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. All bad news for the so cons, pro lifers and flat earthers.

We can agree on this post. As I have been saying all along, there is no solution within confederation. Anything a supposed conservative government can do that would be fiscally responsible or that would improve the position of the west will not get them re-elected in the east. So it will be more of the same, postponing the inevitable separation by a few years.

Comment

Chuck and his esg clowns are going to cost Sask $111B dollars, so multiply that by 10 for Alberta

Time to fight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FezxSKOXEAMyh0N.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	773902

Comment

Curly Moe can't do math too!

He left out all the potential economic benefits and spinoffs of the transition to other technologies and attached industries. He must have already forgot he was promoting nuclear energy as an alternative to polluting coal and gas a couple weeks ago!

It's usual Curly Moe good, Trudeau bad thinking. LOL

I wonder if Crypto Polly is going to give up more federal powers to the provinces if he becomes Prime Minister?

So Danielle Smith has decided she will accept the rulings of the Supreme Court, but Curly wants to lose again in the supreme court? Even she has more common sense.

So when pipelines, rivers and pollution in the atmosphere cross provincial and international borders and have negative impacts on other provinces or states, how can provincial legislation take precedent over federal legislation? There is not a chance that will happen.

More Curly Moe fed bashing because he can't think of any thing he could do that would take the focuss of his own failings? I guess he doesn't want to lose more votes to the Buffaloed party.
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 12, 2022, 07:47.

Comment

be afraid chucky, be very afraid

Comment

So then what is so evil about him? I assume he checks off a lot of the boxes you support, just the wrong team I guess. Trudeau a spoiled rich kid of old stock québécois stock married into the same. Polivierre adopted and raised by a gay couple, married to a Venezuelan lady. Who looks like an underdog people would cheer for? We know what Trudeau is all about we’ve experienced him for 7 years. Polivierre can’t be any worse.

Comment

So when pipelines, rivers and pollution in the atmosphere cross provincial and international borders and have negative impacts on other provinces or states, how can provincial legislation take precedent over federal legislation? There is not a chance that will happen.
                        You know, I have been telling you about this phenomenon whereby pollution and CO2( not to be confused with each other), don't respect borders. Canada forces industries and energy production offshore with prohibitive regulations and costs, so the industry moves to places with no regulations and the pollution is unrestricted and we still get all the negative outcomes of the pollution, with none of the economic benefits.

Good to see you finally acknowledging that pollution doesn't respect borders.

Comment

Curly Moe can't do math too!

He left out all the potential economic benefits and spinoffs of the transition to other technologies and attached industries. He must have already forgot he was promoting nuclear energy as an alternative to polluting coal and gas a couple weeks ago!

It's usual Curly Moe good, Trudeau bad thinking. LOL

I wonder if Crypto Polly is going to give up more federal powers to the provinces if he becomes Prime Minister?

So Danielle Smith has decided she will accept the rulings of the Supreme Court, but Curly wants to lose again in the supreme court? Even she has more common sense.

More Curly Moe fed bashing because he can't think of any thing he could do that would take the focuss of his own failings? I guess he doesn't want to lose more votes to the Buffaloed party.
                          I thought jazz and lentil jumped to hyperbole. You take the cake here. Putin lies and makes up boogeymen to deflect from the fact he’s the villain just like you are doing here. Classic ndp playbook. It was a successful tactic in the old days. Wheat board was great in the old days when guys hauled grain with horses. I like driving horses but for fun not work.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                            I thought jazz and lentil jumped to hyperbole. You take the cake here. Putin lies and makes up boogeymen to deflect from the fact he’s the villain just like you are doing here. Classic ndp playbook. It was a successful tactic in the old days. Wheat board was great in the old days when guys hauled grain with horses. I like driving horses but for fun not work.
                            Coming from Glen is priceless, “can’t accept change “ LOL from still an advocate of single desk marketing for all ….. that was so 1945

Comment

Canada will become a great country again when more people like Tulsi finally stand up and say enough……

Comment

[QUOTE=furrowtickler;550954]Canada will become a great country again when more people like Tulsi finally stand up and say enough……
                                I'm sure there are liberal back benchers who have thought about it, just so they can put the mirrors back up in their homes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...