• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canada A Real Country?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    They missed a huge opportunity to keep their businesses open and cash in on all the extra people in town by sucking their thumb and pretending to throw a hissy fit .
    The businesses that stayed open did very well , it’s the crybabies now that want a civil suit ? It’s kinda funny actually wether one supported it or not .
    Ab5 comes on a farmer chat line with second-hand news from a so-called "friend who states that businesses in Ottawa did well during the Freedom Convey and somehow the 200 businesses filing the class-action lawsuit are crybabies.

What's kinda funny is who you labeled as the crybabies.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
      I think it’s pretty funny that the guys that didn’t support our rights are the same ones that supported the BLM riots, the same riots with all the murders, burning, and looting.
      Who supported the murders, burning and looting? In many cases the right wing racist counter protestors were involved in the riots and violence as well.

The vast majority of BLM and anti racism protests were peacefull especially in Canada and were supported by a broad section of the public including high profile politicians of all parties and chiefs of police.

Many mainstream organizations and corporations spoke up in support of BLM around the world. It was won of the biggest broadly supported protest movements in a long time.

Reverand Al Sharpton a civil rights leader in the US said it best when he said "we denounced the looting, when are you going to denounce the shooting"?

The more important question is why so many on the right and here on Agrisilly fail to admit that systemic racism in policing exists and at times condoned and defended police and excused their racists treatment of people of colour.

I think we know why, when some on the right sympathize and have links to extremist organizations who promote hate.

Some of them showed up in the list of convoy organizers and participants and some of you continue to attack the BLM anti racism movement.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
        I think it’s pretty funny that the guys that didn’t support our rights are the same ones that supported the BLM riots, the same riots with all the murders, burning, and looting.
        And I think it is even funnier that Chuck is ignorant enough to come on here comparing BLM to the trucker convoy.

Literally Everything the media tried to pin onto the convoy organizers turned out to be false, yet at the very same time, it was being revealed that BLM was guilty of those exact charges. hlThe BLM founders had embezzled millions, and are facing fraud charges.
        The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

And before you bring it up, the actual organizers tried very hard to distance themselves from pat king et al.
        And in the ultimate irony, while the media portrayed the burning, looting, murdering, and intimidation of BLM as mostly peaceful, they tried so hard to paint the convoy as violent, and in the end, the only proven violence was by the police.
        Not a word about police brutality against peaceful unarmed citizens.
        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Oct 9, 2022, 09:10.

Comment

Speaking of someone who attacks the BLM movement and says nothing about racism who shows up but DA5?

When are you going pull the "white victim" card? Oh I see you already have. LOL

Some of the Coutts extremists border blockers were charged with conspiracy to kill cops. That's not violence?
          Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 9, 2022, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Speaking of someone who attacks the BLM movement and says nothing about racism who shows up but DA5?

When are you going pull the "white victim" card? Oh I see you already have. LOL

Some of the Coutts extremists border blockers were charged with conspiracy to kill cops. That's not violence?
            The organizers quickly distanced themselves from the hangers on who were threatening violence, and promptly ended the entire blockade once the intention of these bad apples was revealed, and rightfully so. That's what made the movement so powerful was the fact that it was peaceful.

In spite of the alleged (failed) plans of a few outsiders, there was no proven violence by any of the protestors. Can you say the same of BLM?

Not sure how you decided that I played the white victim card, but after having been a part of things, it would be impossible to play that card. As I said before, it was the most diverse group of racist I've ever met, people of all colors and faiths and ethnicities were learning the streets of Edmonton cheering us on, and participating.
            But you go ahead and keep pretending than what the CBC told you is true, and it was only a handful of disgruntled White supremacists.

Sometimes it is a very good thing to go out and see things with your own eyes, and draw your own conclusions. Of course, that would require an open mind.
            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Oct 9, 2022, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
              Ab5 comes on a farmer chat line with second-hand news from a so-called "friend who states that businesses in Ottawa did well during the Freedom Convey and somehow the 200 businesses filing the class-action lawsuit are crybabies.

What's kinda funny is who you labeled as the crybabies.
              Some days, I think you're comprehension skills are even worse than Chuck's. And that is quite an accomplishment.
              The businesses would have done well if they weren't forced to close by government edict.
              After l the tourism bust due to covid restrictions, business was booming for the first few days until they were forced to close.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Some days, I think you're comprehension skills are even worse than Chuck's. And that is quite an accomplishment.
                The businesses would have done well if they weren't forced to close by government edict.
                After l the tourism bust due to covid restrictions, business was booming for the first few days until they were forced to close.
                Ab5, you should bring that point up with the 200 businesses that filed the class action lawsuit against the Freedom Covey organizers and participants. They seem to see it differently than you and your so-called Ottawa "friend" does as the cause of their finical loses.

But, you of course would have greater knowledge of what took place in Ottawa during the Freedom Convey then the 200 businesses who filed the lawsuit sitting in front of your keyboard in Alberta.

Comment

Some probably stayed open and realized that these “protestors” were real people who were lawfully congregating and reaped the rewards. Then there are the “woe is me” types who went and hid under the bed hoping they would eventually get paid to do nothing. Easy-Peasy!

Comment

Ab5, you should bring that point up with the 200 businesses that filed the class action lawsuit against the Freedom Covey organizers and participants. They seem to see it differently than you and your so-called Ottawa "friend" does as the cause of their finical loses.

But, you of course would have greater knowledge of what took place in Ottawa during the Freedom Convey then the 200 businesses who filed the lawsuit sitting in front of your keyboard in Alberta.
                    I stand corrected, it's not a comprehension issue, it is willful ignorance, much harder to fix that problem.
                    If you are interested, let me know and I can send you his phone number. His wife and her family are Ottawa locals. He's an ex-Albertan.
                    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Oct 9, 2022, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      I stand corrected, it's not a comprehension issue, it is willful ignorance, much harder to fix that problem.
                      If you are interested, let me know and I can send you his phone number. His wife and her family are Ottawa locals. He's an ex-Albertan.
                      Your post 37 stated:

"The businesses would have done well if they weren't forced to close by government edict.

Then I asked you this and you walked around the main issue as per your usual self.

"Ab5, you should bring that point up with the 200 businesses that filed the class action lawsuit against the Freedom Covey organizers and participants. They seem to see it differently than you and your so-called Ottawa "friend" does as the cause of their finical loses."

And who's the one having a hard time of comprehending the 200 businesses class action lawsuit?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221009_133219.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	773893

Comment

Your post 37 stated:

"The businesses would have done well if they weren't forced to close by government edict.

Then I asked you this and you walked around the main issue as per your usual self.

"Ab5, you should bring that point up with the 200 businesses that filed the class action lawsuit against the Freedom Covey organizers and participants. They seem to see it differently than you and your so-called Ottawa "friend" does as the cause of their finical loses."

And who's the one having a hard time of comprehending the 200 businesses class action lawsuit?
                          I already responded to that many posts ago, why aren't they suing the government and law enforcement entities who used the legal system to force them to close so they couldn't partake in what could easily be the biggest winter time tourism boom in downtown Ottawa history.

Comment

Just like Republicans said the January 6th Capitol hill riot and violence was just a normal tourist visist. The wanna be republicans in Canada are saying the trucker convoy and blockades were good for tourism! LOL

Most of downtown Ottawa around parliament hill had to shut their businesses for a few weeks! Good for tourism? What a bunch of yahoos!

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                              [ATTACH]11177[/ATTACH]
                              Stunning how much of Canada is uninhabitable. Its all rocks and shield and trees and mountains and tundra.

Comment

Would it be a fair guess to say that 50% in the small area produce all of the C02 that Canada emits and those of us that sparsely inhabit those large hinterlands are sinking for the rest of the world?

Is the green area where the potential wealth exists that can get us out of the debt we have recently accumulated?
                                And the 50% below the line have zero interest in anything above the line?
                                Last edited by shtferbrains; Oct 10, 2022, 08:21.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...