• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pierre Poilievre is right: Fire the gatekeepers, starting with the lifelong politicia

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Populist Polarizing Polly leading the CPC and alienating a large swath of centre left voters there is no guarantee he will win a general election.

While not very popular in the west, Charest would be a bigger threat to win over Trudeau in Ontario and Quebec.

So don't crack your Bud Lights in celebration too soon. Its a long way to the election and PPP provides lots of ammunition for the attack ads. Plus there are so many loose cannons in the CPC it will be hard to keep a lid on all the "lunatic fringe" as Jason Kenney likes to call them.

Comment

Can't disagree this time, with the most polarizing poster.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        With Populist Polarizing Polly leading the CPC and alienating a large swath of centre left voters there is no guarantee he will win a general election.

While not very popular in the west, Charest would be a bigger threat to win over Trudeau in Ontario and Quebec.

So don't crack your Bud Lights in celebration too soon. Its a long way to the election and PPP provides lots of ammunition for the attack ads. Plus there are so many loose cannons in the CPC it will be hard to keep a lid on all the "lunatic fringe" as Jason Kenney likes to call them.
        A couple of thoughts Chuck2, Erin O’toole tried appealing to centrist voters, it got the CPC nowhere according to the last election.

According to Jason Kenney the lunatic fringe was trying to push him out. Well over 48% voted for him to go. Are you saying that half of Conservative voters are part of the lunatic fringe? How did that work for Kenney?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          A couple of thoughts Chuck2, Erin O’toole tried appealing to centrist voters, it got the CPC nowhere according to the last election.

According to Jason Kenney the lunatic fringe was trying to push him out. Well over 48% voted for him to go. Are you saying that half of Conservative voters are part of the lunatic fringe? How did that work for Kenney?
          I think any realist accepts that conservatives are not one monolithic group with the same interests. They will never have the broad appeal of the low information voters (Chucks) who will always vote for the party who promises to take something away from someone else give it to them. There is no mythical center left who would vote either way depending on policies.
          The conservative only hope in this country is that voters eventually get so fed up with liberal corruption and incompetence and arrogance that they vote against them out of protest. If any conservative government who actually enacted any conservative policies, fiscal or social will never win those protest votes a second time around.

I believe Chuck himself has made the outlandish claims that he is somewhere on the center of the political spectrum. Anyone really believe that his vote is negotiable and with the correct conservative leader he would vote conservative?

The fact that both fiscal and social conservatives are somehow supposed to coexist in the same party guarantees that there will never be any cohesion within the party, with infighting forever, throw in a media political opposition insist on fanning those flames. The two notions are as disparate as is possible. The left will always be united. Voters without morals or ethics, and who's only motivation is what is in it for me, is a much easier group to unite.
          Only way out of this vicious circle is separation of the wealth generating portions of the country. PP as leader or even prime minister Will only delay that inevitable outcome.
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 29, 2022, 07:01.

Comment

"Only way out of this vicious circle is separation of the wealth generating portions of the country." Huh?

You mean Alberta? Again more arrogance and delusion from Albertans that they are the only ones who work hard and contribute wealth to the confederation? LOL

Apparently all the GDP and wealth of the remaining 9 provinces which dwarfs Albertas, doesn't count?

And all just because you won the geology lottery?

Norway has demonstrated real fiscal conservatism as opposed to Alberta which has relatively very low oil royalties and has managed to save almost nothing from its publicly owned resources. It goes from boom to bust and when the bust happens, it's always somebody else's fault.

Albertans have been good at giving away their resource revenues, but as far as managing their one time wealth based on a non renewable resource in a sustainable way, they have been a dismal failure compared to Norway and even Alaska.

But A5 don't let that stop you from telling us how great Alberta is.

Comment

You are putting words in my mouth again chuck. I never said anything about alberta, or provincial boundaries. The wealth generating parts of this country do not follow provincial borders whatsoever. They do however seem to follow voting patterns fairly predictably. These arbitrary borders which have existed for barely over a century in most cases are most definitely not permanent.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 29, 2022, 09:51.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                "Only way out of this vicious circle is separation of the wealth generating portions of the country." Huh?

You mean Alberta? Again more arrogance and delusion from Albertans that they are the only ones who work hard and contribute wealth to the confederation? LOL

Apparently all the GDP and wealth of the remaining 9 provinces which dwarfs Albertas, doesn't count?

And all just because you won the geology lottery?

Norway has demonstrated real fiscal conservatism as opposed to Alberta which has relatively very low oil royalties and has managed to save almost nothing from its publicly owned resources. It goes from boom to bust and when the bust happens, it's always somebody else's fault.

Albertans have been good at giving away their resource revenues, but as far as managing their one time wealth based on a non renewable resource in a sustainable way, they have been a dismal failure compared to Norway and even Alaska.

But A5 don't let that stop you from telling us how great Alberta is.
                I agree with you about Alberta but don’t use this to discredit AB5’s argument. I’d hope after how many booms and busts Alberta and even Sask would twig onto this and make their economies more resilient to this. Could be like NDP and keep it in the ground cause prosperity might make the populace unruly towards uncle Tommies ideals. Was that why you guys liked the CWB?

Comment

Is some sort of wexit were achieved with just Sask and Alberta thier GDP as a country would be similar to Norway or Denmark. Per Capita GDP would also be similar to Norway.
                  Most countries in South America or Africa or eastern Europe would not generate as much economic activity.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                    Is some sort of wexit were achieved with just Sask and Alberta thier GDP as a country would be similar to Norway or Denmark. Per Capita GDP would also be similar to Norway.
                    Most countries in South America or Africa or eastern Europe would not generate as much economic activity.
                    Not to mention that the economy, now freed from the shackles of the east, would grow quickly. No more transfers, no more carbon tax, no more killed pipelines. I would wager our economy would make Norway look like Bangladesh after a decade of freedom from the shackles of the three cities smothering our potential.

Comment

More fanaticizing about how grrreat Alberta would be on its own? LOL Except when the next bust in oil prices occurs and the government runs short on resource revenues to fund core services.

Is Alberta going to separate without Edmonton and Calgary because both cities have very centrists views compared to many rural parts of Ivermectinstan. And there is a good chance Rachel Notley will win the next election. What then?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                        I agree with you about Alberta but don’t use this to discredit AB5’s argument. I’d hope after how many booms and busts Alberta and even Sask would twig onto this and make their economies more resilient to this. Could be like NDP and keep it in the ground cause prosperity might make the populace unruly towards uncle Tommies ideals. Was that why you guys liked the CWB?
                        I don't see how his response in any way is related to my argument. Every time separation comes up, his only response is to pronounce that the economy has booms and busts. Then compares a province with no economic autonomy to a soverign country, then compares a province to a very prosperous state within the country that we would be joining, making my argumenet for me. Never anything about demographics, US foreign and energy policy, demographics, protectionism, demographics, the end of globalization, demographics, how the eastern industries are and will be gutted by the expensive energy and environmental policies being enacted, etc.
                        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 30, 2022, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          I don't see how his response in any way is related to my argument. Every time separation comes up, his only response is to pronounce that the economy has booms and busts. Then compares a province with no economic autonomy to a soverign country, then compares a province to a very prosperous state within the country that we would be joining, making my argumenet for me. Never anything about demographics, US foreign and energy policy, demographics, protectionism, demographics, the end of globalization, demographics, how the eastern industries are and will be gutted by the expensive energy and environmental policies being enacted, etc.
                          Our friend circles around the same few arguments. Posts cut and pastes, calls everyone stupid boorish racist etc if they disagree and then buggers off never to reply. Should have a forum category called soapbox for him and other cut paste and run types.

Comment

And you and the usual suspects often have no response except to criticize me personally with irrelevant speculation which is a sure sign that you don't have a good counter argument on the issue at hand.

Comment

Like is said on other tread , talk about everything PP has campained on , dont just pick some bits , is everything PP has said bad ?
                              Last edited by cropgrower; May 31, 2022, 08:52.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...